Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prometric

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering re test centre there seemds to be very few in Ireland

Only ones in Munster seem to be in Cork.

Also re Microsoft 2nd Chance offer:

1 If I fail test with you one centreI avail of second chance offer at FAS/other centre?

2 If I fail test with another test centre can I avail of second chance offer with a different centre

3 Are Prometric the only company I can do vista exam 70-620 with

Thanks for help
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Hi

Prometric are the only testing provider for Microsoft. In 2007 they changed from having 2 to just having 1 namely Prometric.

So to answer your questions as best I can

1. You should be able to do so. What happens is when you rebook your exam you supply the SAME second shot voucher you used when you applied for your first exam. As its based on the exam not the testing centre you should be ok. (Check this thread for details)

2. See #1

3. Yes Prometric are the only testing company that you can do ANY Microsoft exam with.

Hope that answers your questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

There's a testing center in limerick too noel

Doesnt seem to one listed on the website..

Only Dublin, Cork and Galway. Unless its a private centre for an academic institute

Ya Limerick business school I have done tests there, and attended courses.

In those cases you may need to contact the centre directly and they might or might not let you take the test without a course.

Also is it a Prometric site? They are the only ones that can deliver the test content

• Advertisement

Prometric and person vue from what I no, before I did the courses I asked could I just sit exam they said yes at the time.

Cont: 317822

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Thanks all especially the Limerick man!

Whats the pass mark for this 70-620 please

Noel

700 out of 1000 same as all MS exams

You will need to score passing grades on both question and sims otherwise you will fail the exam

PS: I am from Limerick as well :)

Hi there

If Microsoft extend the 2nd Chance offer can you only avail of this once?

In other words if I need to use this for say 70-620 exam then I can not use this for any more Microsoft exams?

Thanks
    Noel

You can apply for as many second shots as you need. So you can use them for each exam you want to take. You need a different voucher number for each exam.

So for example

You decide to do 70-620. You apply for a voucher before applying for the exam. You pass the exam. You dont need the voucher now. So it expires

You now decide to do 70-622. Again you apply for a new voucher before applying for the exam. Do the exam and fail. Retry for free using your second voucher..

EG #2

Again decide to do 70-620. You apply for a voucher before applying for the exam. You fail the exam. You can use the voucher again now.

Just apply for the 70-620 exam again using the same voucher again. Pass this time.

EG #3

Again with 70-620 as before apply for voucher, fail. Retry with voucher, fail again.

Apply for new voucher and apply for 70-620 (third time) and pass this time, second voucher expires

Make sense???

• Advertisement

I wonder will Microsoft extend this beyond end of December 08

Noel

Need to take the initial exam by December 31 2008 then you have until June 2009 to complete the retry.. So not all bad

Advertisement