Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cost of greenhouses?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Anyone know the cost of a 10x8 greenhouse? Who are the best suppliers in Ireland? Could I put it directly onto the lawn or do I need a concrete base? Any help or advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Anyone know the cost of a 10x8 greenhouse? Who are the best suppliers in Ireland? Could I put it directly onto the lawn or do I need a concrete base? Any help or advice appreciated.

Hi

I have been on the lookout for a Greenhouse the past few weeks,priced a few places,the cost depends of a few factors like the strenght of the frame,type of glass used,and finished colour.I got a price from http://www.greenhousedirect.co.uk A Rhino 8 by 10 £1450 plus an extra £445 for a green finish it's a bit expensive,but the greenhouses are strong and are good for an exposed site.
    There is a supplier in Birr called http://www.polydome.iehavent got a price from them yet.

Regards Barry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Irishguide wrote: »
    Hi, you should always look at the eaves on the greenhouse also if it has anodised aluminium see supply the brand to buy, other makes at the prices have lower eaves.

Thats through experience! you will know these things.

Shill alert.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I have a 8x6 it cost 550 3 years ago,came in a flat pack.I made a square of railway sleepers bolted together, assembled the green house on top, screwed house to sleepers.No problems so far,
    Ive seen the greenhouse`s in B&Q,homebase,I got mine in a local shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nauticus

Hi
    I bought one last June. Got it on the net from the UK delivered for €400. It is a gardman 8x6. Took me about 2 days to put it up on my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Chatterboxmoira

I phoned Norfolk greenhouses the other day to ask about delivery costs. I'm going for the Senior 8 (8x6) greenhouse which is £229 + £40 delivery. I reckon this will come in at around 300euro with the exchange rate.

Not going to order for another month (off to Lanzarote next week :D so can't afford the greenhouse just yet :eek:), but I'll let you all know how quick it arrives and how easy (or not) it is to put together.

• Advertisement

I phoned Norfolk greenhouses the other day to ask about delivery costs. I'm going for the Senior 8 (8x6) greenhouse which is £229 + £40 delivery. I reckon this will come in at around 300euro with the exchange rate.

Not going to order for another month (off to Lanzarote next week :D so can't afford the greenhouse just yet :eek:), but I'll let you all know how quick it arrives and how easy (or not) it is to put together.

Hi just wondering if you bought this as I was looking at it too although the website wont allow me buy online?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Chatterboxmoira

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if you bought this as I was looking at it too although the website wont allow me buy online?

No didn't get around to it yet. Was given one of the Lidl plastic houses which is doing brilliant at the moment. Especially since we attached it to extra wooden poles hammered into the ground. I've decided to see how that holds the heat in the winter with an electric heater (I've researched and it should be safe). Then maybe stick with that for a couple of years. If it's no good I'll get on to Norfolk greenhouses in the new year.

I think you have to ring them to get a greenhouse delivered here. PM me if you need the number.

Advertisement