Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland sux for donuts where can I get them here as good as in USA?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

I was in america last year, in dunkin donuts and krispy kreme u can get these glazed donuts they taste awesomely yummy. I don't mean like the iced on top type I mean this coating of sugary stuff, which I haven't found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTJ32SHWfc

The best donuts i've tasted here are the Tim Hortons donuts in spar and places like that, they are regular iced donuts and compared to what i've tasted here they are good but not as good as American donuts and they cost like €1.30 per donut which is exhorbitantly expensive, whereas in America u can get 12 for $7 and they taste better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get inexpensive and tasty donuts here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

TLG wrote: »
    I was in america last year, in dunkin donuts and krispy kreme u can get these glazed donuts they taste awesomely yummy. I don't mean like the iced on top type I mean this coating of sugary stuff, which I haven't found here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQTJ32SHWfc

The best donuts i've tasted here are the Tim Hortons donuts in spar and places like that, they are regular iced donuts and compared to what i've tasted here they are good but not as good as American donuts and they cost like €1.30 per donut which is exhorbitantly expensive, whereas in America u can get 12 for $7 and they taste better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where can I get inexpensive and tasty donuts here?

Yum Yums are glazed donuts, but they're finger shaped. I know Marks & Spencers do them. They're the closest I've seen to American-style glazed ones over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭TLG

pow wow wrote: »
    Yum Yums are glazed donuts, but they're finger shaped. I know Marks & Spencers do them. They're the closest I've seen to American-style glazed ones over here.
    meh ok but it's not the same :mad:, the best here i think are the tim horton donuts that u get in spar, but they charge u 1.35 a donut OMFG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

You won't find anything near as good as american doughnuts here.
    Trust me I've tried. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Make them yourself. Not that hard.

I almost never find myself in Dunkin as youre too tempted to buy a dozen. The ones in 7/11 are plenty fine.

edit: for home makins'

also checkout http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-Delicious-Homemade-Donuts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Canada. Pretty close to the American ones, or so I've heard:pac:. What happened Dunkin' Doughnuts? There used to be one on Grafton Street. Gone a few years now. Do McDonalds still do doughnuts? I used to love their cinnamon ones.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mu02xUgE4k
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Isn't there a donut place at the top of O'Connell St- the Liffey side of Clery's? I've never been in but the smell from walking past is gorgeous.

Mmmm Krispy Kreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Isn't there a donut place at the top of O'Connell St- the Liffey side of Clery's? I've never been in but the smell from walking past is gorgeous.

Mmmm Krispy Kreme.

Yeah I knowthe place, smells amazing.. BUT they taste like crap! :mad:
    We need a Krispy Kreme outlet here already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I'm with you on that. I loved Krispey Kreme when I was in the States. I tried Horton's in Spar and have to say I was not impressed, found them very stodgy.

But then if KK come here, I'm going to balloon and have to waddle my fat donut-ridden cellulite arse everywhere. So maybe it is just as well.
    They're in the south of England though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

First off, I don't like doughnuts, so I won't be able to compare them but I've heard from doughnut-eating chums that the best place for doughnuts in Dublin is the place on O Connell Street, the little concession stand place.

Maybe that's the one Tchaikovsky mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

lay off the donuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You don't have to travel to the States for a Krispy Kreme. They have them in Harrods in London ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

No where thank God...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

But then if KK come here, I'm going to balloon and have to waddle my fat donut-ridden cellulite arse everywhere. So maybe it is just as well.
    They're in the south of England though.

There's one in Piccadilly Gardens in Manchester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Discovered them for the first time a few weeks ago at Waterloo Station in London. Apple and Cinamon to die for.
    £7 for a dozen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭devereaux17

aw thats great cheers. lol who cares if theres one in england, theres a dunkin donuts in barcelona train station im hardly going to bring that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 roadwars

KK are in Luton airport, good reason to fly home from Luton if you ask me!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you're in Dublin there's a Polish bakery on Capel st called 'Tasty Cake' 'Party Cake' that does glazed donuts, they look and smell absolutely smashing. Haven't tried them out yet but gonna leggit it in on the weekend and get some

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Superquinn's own donuts are nice. Not much of a selection though. Ring or Jam - think that's about it really. But they are lovely, especially if you pick them up in the morning, when they're freshly baked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Was just wondering this the other day, god i'd love a good doughnut right now :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Esso stations I think it is do nine one one dougnuts which are nice. Topaz I think it is do a nice brand too, I only ever tried their toffee crisp ones though, dunno what else they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Id love to bring a KK franchise to Ireland.
    They have 24hr krispy kreme drive thrus in Texas.
    God bless America!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Topaz garage with a topaz shop (some garages have costcutter or spar shops) they buy them of a supplier who import them from Chicago. The ring one with pink icing is basically ....Heaven! And it has jam filling!!!! You gotta try them!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭dave98

you cant beat the boston cream tim hortons in SPAR and their on offer to 99cents! Tim hortons are prob the best in Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If you're in Dublin there's a Polish bakery on Capel st called 'Tasty Cake' 'Party Cake' that does glazed donuts, they look and smell absolutely smashing. Haven't tried them out yet but gonna leggit it in on the weekend and get some

*finally* managed to time a walk down Capel st to coincide with Party Cake having donuts (they don't seem to have them everyday) and got one of their 'Viennese' donuts, a twisty, glazed monster of a thing. It was one of the nicest things I have ever put in my mouth, fresh and crispy on the outside and sweet and all things good. I had it finished in the 1 minute walk between the bakery and capel st bridge. Then the one I bought for my boyfriend had a terrible accident when myself and my housemate were alone in the room with it. They really are just mega. They look like the one below but bigger

vc004065.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

<3 Krispy Kreme

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

WindSock wrote: »
    You don't have to travel to the States for a Krispy Kreme. They have them in Harrods in London ;)

they have them in tesco across the uk
    they are amazing, you feel like you can eat about three but one and a half is enough to give you chest pains....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

We really need a Krispy Kreme here in Dublin, a proper hotlight store where they make 'em fresh and switch the light on when a fresh batch is made. I had a donut at the KK in Harrod's and it was absolutely divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

We need Krispy Kreme here. Screw Dunkin' Donuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭dubh101

had krispy kreme in Manchester,cues out the door,they were scrummy,much better then dunkin doughnuts.Dunkin's did have a few shops in Ireland,I remember one in Ratmines as well as the one on lower O'Connell's street,wonder what happened too them? In Canada you cant go half a mile without passing one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kawadri

They're Glazed Doughnuts, you need to go to London for the nearest nice Krispy Kreme :)

Advertisement