Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland sux for donuts where can I get them here as good as in USA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I am in Canada at the moment, and you cannot move without hitting a Tim Hortons store, by God their Tim bits are to die for - I will miss them when we come home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

id give my right nut, right now for a krispy kreme chocolate covered ring donut:D:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Went to Dunkin Donuts in Berlin last week. So delicious :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭davocesque

the bottom of o'connell st, theres a stand, get them warm, sooooo good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

davocesque wrote: »
    the bottom of o'connell st, theres a stand, get them warm, sooooo good!!

I know the stand your talking about and their well mank! Tim Hortons are the best of a bad bunch, but again the quality really depends on what shop you buy em from.

I've given up on doughnuts in Ireland. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

The jam donuts I got at the Supervalu were pretty good. Not as good as Dunkin' Donuts jelly donuts, but I couldn't find anything wrong with them...and I'm a picky eater.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I enquired about the krispy kreme before :(

Krispy Kreme Franchise Requirements

If you're interested in a Krispy Kreme franchise opportunity, the Krispy Kreme Corporation has a strict set of criteria for all potential candidates. In order to be considered for a Krispy Kreme franchise opportunity, you must have enough capital to fund an entire market of Krispy Kreme stores. Each area developer is responsible for developing at least ten stores in each market. The Krispy Kreme Corporation requires a minimum net worth of $1,000,000 for each store to be developed. Interested applicants must also have significant operating and ownership experience, specifically in food service operations. Also, applicants must have experience in food service operations in the specific market that they wish to work in. The Krispy Kreme Corporation also requires franchisees to sign an area agreement in which they pledge to provide their best full-time efforts to ensure the success of their Krispy Kreme market.

In order to participate in a Krispy Kreme franchise opportunity, interested parties must submit to the Krispy Kreme Corporation the following information:
    -a resume detailing all previous or current food service ownership or operational experience
    -a resume detailing all current or past partners
    -verification of enough capital to develop an entire market
    -verification of enough capital to meet the minimum net worth requirement

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

The closest thing you can get to American donuts is 911. They have them in some Esso's and there's one in UCD beside the library.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 urgency

Wow your telling me the little donut place on I Connell street is ****? You must not know your sugar donuts.. They're are two types of donuts in this world Yeast donuts that u get with the glaze like dunkin etc and then there's cake donuts.. Which that little shop make and on my behalf with years world wide experience of tasting donuts that place rocks and in a courtesy to places you don't understand you should really re consider using terms like "****" for places who really are well produced!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

Dungeons and Donuts down Mill Street in Galway, just inside Bridge Mills Bar. Their doughnuts are so soft it's unreal. Only downside is you'll pay €2 for a nice one. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

urgency wrote: »
    ...then there's cake donuts.. Which that little shop make and on my behalf with years world wide experience of tasting donuts that place rocks...

There have been several occasions where I took the luas into town, stop at middle abbey st, walked around the corner to the stand, ordered a bag or two or these bad boys and got back onto the luas, back to my neck of woods.
    Yes, they're THAT worth it!

Hmmm now I'm thinking of making that luas trip tomorrow, or find some excuse to drive into town.

Advertisement