Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do your patriotic duty - Fianna FAIL

Options
  • 19-11-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

here is the deal :
    If you put EVEN A MODIFIED Lisbon back to the people it will fail and you will fall .

But if you call an election NOW - and get voted out - we can put in a fresh government
    and a modified lisbon will pass- the country needs it -
    the country doesnt need you

For the good of Ireland do YOUR patriotic duty as you asked us to do in the budget
    and resign as the irish government so that a new lisbon vote will be passed,
    and a new government can being to clean up the pile of cack you have left behind.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As wrong as it will be, there will be a number of folk that will vote aginst it solely because they are peed off with F.F. at the mo.
    Nurses, Doctors, Farmers (the I.F.A.), etc...

Being real. Should they resign, Yes, will they, No!
    We are stuck with the cards we bought and the cards being dealed out.

I look forwards to the next election though, as do many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I want Fianna Fáil to stay in power for the duration of their term. They must remain in power while the consequences of their earlier actions are played out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

here is the deal :
    If you put EVEN A MODIFIED Lisbon back to the people it will fail and you will fall .

But if you call an election NOW - and get voted out - we can put in a fresh government
    and a modified lisbon will pass- the country needs it -
    the country doesnt need you

For the good of Ireland do YOUR patriotic duty as you asked us to do in the budget
    and resign as the irish government so that a new lisbon vote will be passed,
    and a new government can being to clean up the pile of cack you have left behind.

If FF call an election FG and Lab would be voted in at the worst possible time. Let FF try and fix there F**K UPS. They haven't a chance of winning next time.:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

By the time of the next election, the economy will be recovering (aka booming) houses will be affordable, the Irish soccer team will be playing in the european championship, the Oz-Irish will be returning home and there will be a feel good atmosphere in the country.
    Of course Fianna Fail will be re-elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Frankie's probably hit the nail on the head, and it shows what is wrong with politics in this country.

NO party seems to give a crap about planning or what's good for the country; if someone were to propose something that would make us all millionaires in 10 years time, they'd vote it down because the self-serving back-benchers would be worried in case some other party would be in power at the time and would get the credit for the feelgood factor that resulted then.

BTW - hilarious to see Batt O'Keeffe blaming the cost of sick days for education cuts;

Sick days = teacher not showing up but getting paid
    TD + teacher = teacher not showing up but getting paid

Also, the amazing reduction in salary ? Apparently came on the back of TWO 2.5% pay rises this year, so they're actually only down something like 4.5%.....

Anyone fancy injecting a dose of realism into Leinster House ?

If anything, the current shower will probably encourage people to vote for Lisbon.....I'd prefer Europe running our country than the current incompetent and out-of-touch idiots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

SkepticOne wrote: »
    I want Fianna Fáil to stay in power for the duration of their term. They must remain in power while the consequences of their earlier actions are played out.

I think your nose just got worried you could get angry with your face.

Would someone else do a better job? I've always said a Richard Bruton led Fine Gael would be better. Just can't stand Kenny.

Any chance the crisis might end dominance of the treaty parties ? Could labour pick up that many votes from a pissed off Fianna Fail supporters who couldn't stomach voting for Fine Gael? Or would the fear Fine Gael might win be too much(which is imo a big reason they didn't win the last election)

I hope to God Sinn Fein don't start gaining ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    BTW - hilarious to see Batt O'Keeffe blaming the cost of sick days for education cuts;

Sick days = teacher not showing up but getting paid
    TD + teacher = teacher not showing up but getting paid

The list of teachers actually claiming allowances and salaries was published last week or the week before. It's not much more than a handful. Most have declined the payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

By the time of the next election, the economy will be recovering (aka booming) houses will be affordable, the Irish soccer team will be playing in the european championship, the Oz-Irish will be returning home and there will be a feel good atmosphere in the country.
    Of course Fianna Fail will be re-elected.
    Nice optimistic prediction there although the affordable house prices (and I agree prices will fall substantially) will piss off home owners for whom the government promised it would maintain house values.

If Fianna Fáil were kicked out now, then whoever takes over will take the blame for years of mismanagement under the current FF government and will lose the subsequent election. We are in for severe hardship over the next few years no matter who is in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

ninty9er wrote: »
    The list of teachers actually claiming allowances and salaries was published last week or the week before. It's not much more than a handful. Most have declined the payment.

Guilty until proven innocent, where is this list to be espied.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

turgon wrote: »
    Guilty until proven innocent, where is this list to be espied.

It was in the Independent, Times and Examiner last week.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/disgraceful-tds-still-cling-to-teacher-posts-and-perks-1537131.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

It should be noted that these are the people using civil servants pensions as a weapon against them.

I suppose it's a good thing they're stopping another lazy public servant teacher getting a cushy lucrative pension by hanging onto it themselves.

Scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 KingSitric

They're a bunch on invertabrates, our government. And the Green coloured ones are the worse.
    They should do their duty and resign, and pull the bar from under the Fianna Fail elbow.
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't I guess. The Greens are in a true pickle, but they did sign their names willingly to a pact with that shower of corrupt, out of touch sorry collection of FF'ers.
    But, alas it won't happen and they'll grin through it all and hope for the best, while lining their fethered nests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RobBrn

Biggins wrote: »
    We are stuck with the cards we bought and the cards being dealed out.

But did FF not get a new hand after the game started?
    And not a high card among them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Dob74 wrote: »
    If FF call an election FG and Lab would be voted in at the worst possible time. Let FF try and fix there F**K UPS. They haven't a chance of winning next time.:):):)

It could be FG and Lab's finest hour if they initiate the cost cutting measures they've been calling for for years. Hard to believe that they wouldn't, since they have a golden reason to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

it'd be more interesting to see if FF were in opposition would they oppose all these cutbacks which need to be taken??

i'd like FF to stay in power and suffer the wrath of the voters at the next election

there has to be way more **** to hit the fan yet than the debacle at FAS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭juuge

I know now how bertie was such a success with industrial relations.....he appointed a couple of trades union leaders to several semi-state boards - That kept them quiet. Amazing how quiet Des Gerrity is these days !

Advertisement