Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 summons in the post!!!

• 19-11-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Woke up today to find a letter with 5 Summons in it.

Was involved in a minor incident last December, another vehicle hit the side of my car.

Garda arrived and asked for my driving licence and Insurance.
    I showed my driving licence but didn't have my Insurance cert.
    He asked me to produce it to the desiganated Garda station which I stupidly forgot.

Anyway the 5 summons are :

Non Display of Insurance Disc (I did have my disc displayed, the other person took my details from it in front of the Garda)

Failure to Produce Driving licence within 10 days (I already showed the Garda this)

No Insurance (I did have insurance and still have the disc and Cert to prove)

Failure to produce insurance Cert (Guilty of this)

Fail to Produce Driving Licence (I did produce this, he even asked me if this was still my home address)

Also I see that on all 5 summons he made the application in June which would have been over 6 months after the incident. Do they not have to make an application within 6 months?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Check the date of the collision against the date of application on the summons. If the collision say happened on the 15th December then the application date has to be before the 15th June. If it isn't then it can be thrown out in court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kieran3

Yeah the collision happened on the 17/12 and the application to the Dublin Metropolitan District was made on the 20/6.

Why would a cop wait till after the 6 months? surely he knew the law?

TheNog you say 'it can be thrown out'
    Is it up to the judge or is it law?

Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Wantobe

6 months is a guideline. There is no definitive date set in stone so it will be still up to the judge if he/she will accept these.

However, go down to the garda station, bring the driving licence, insurance cert etc and produce them at the desk and ask for the details to be recorded in teh day book.

Ring the garda involved and tell him you have done this, ask him if he will ask his super to strike out on that basis.

These are minor offences and mostly the guards should strike out if what you say is true.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

Forum charter people - no advice - get a solicitor and get it sorted out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement