Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking For Forum Designer ..

Options
  • 19-11-2008 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a forum or website designer for my clan forum. Here is the forum as it is : http://triggerclan.heavenforum.com/ I would like a total make-over if possible. (Bit bored of the current one) So if your interested let me know by reply please. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

what's your budget?

edit. Ah, 28 members. No budget then. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

OP beware of the 'designer's rush' to determine how much have you got in your pocket before establishing if he/she can help with the design needs or even determine what these might be! Amateurish perhaps.

You don't expect a proposal at McDonalds, but at least they try to establish what you want/need before telling you the price.

Burgers and designers, a few things in common, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

we used php nuke for a while since its free !... but then it was hacked so we moved off it. That was a number of years ago so they might have gotten better with security.
    they even have a clan version - http://www.phpnuke-clan.net/
    easy to integrate the vwar into it if ye guys use that (if not might be an idea to look into:))

We moved onto vbulletin with vbadvanced CMPS (portal for the front page) costs money alright but we are a little bigger so have a budget... and its secure.

themes for these sorts of scripts will set your site apart. there are dozens of themes you can download of if you have graphics type people and someone thats into web design you could come up with something fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

OP beware of the 'designer's rush' to determine how much have you got in your pocket before establishing if he/she can help with the design needs or even determine what these might be! Amateurish perhaps.

You don't expect a proposal at McDonalds, but at least they try to establish what you want/need before telling you the price.

Burgers and designers, a few things in common, perhaps?

You are a complete idiot. I approach clients worth millions and the first thing they ask is 'how much'. This happens before we've even put the kettle on.

You know nothing of business. Move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Smyth wrote: »
    You are a complete idiot. I approach clients worth millions and the first thing they ask is 'how much'. This happens before we've even put the kettle on.

You know nothing of business. Move along.

Oh really, how so? And what are your credentials? No experience in Design/Graphics, ordinary degree in a unrelated discipline. In fact for a fresh out of college, looking for a job, big mouth and big attitude 'expert', you should be more careful with opinions, especially if you've no credentible supporting evidence. Also when I finished my first degree (BTW Hons Eng!!), I knew my value and where the market was at. I certainly didn't go around with a 'tea boy' attitude.

At this point, you've more fundamental things to sort out before coming on here 'calling people idiots etc'.

I'll let it go this time and FYI, I've been running my own business and very succesfully too for several years.

So wipe the wet from your ears and STFU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

YungJoshy: Take it to adverts.ie

Sonnenblumen & Smyth: Take it to PM and stop with the shít-stirring. Any more personal attacks or snide remarks will earn you a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement