Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 HD 60GiB or 120GiB

• 19-11-2008 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of some good deals on 60GiB or 120GiB Hard drives for the Xbox?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

Also looking for one of these after today's update, preferably from a B&M store....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Bump.... Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

No, what the full system. I have a 20GB system and just want to upgrade the HD.

[/QUOTE]
    TarfHead wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm planning on buying an XBOX 360 for my boys today or tomorrow but can someone please explain what the HD 60GiB or 120GiB are. I was thinking of getting the XBOX 360 Pro Console bundle with 4 games.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

deisemum wrote: »
    I'm planning on buying an XBOX 360 for my boys today or tomorrow but can someone please explain what the HD 60GiB or 120GiB are. I was thinking of getting the XBOX 360 Pro Console bundle with 4 games.

Thanks in advance.
    There's 3 version available; the arcade, the pro and the elite. The arcade doesn't have a hard drive, the Pro has a 60GB hard drive, and the elite has a 120GB hard drive. The hard drives can be bought separately, and the OP in this thread was looking for a good deal on either size.

Other than the size of the HDD space (and the colour of the elite), the consoles are the same. I'd say the pro is ideal in your situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

Thanks for your help

If you are planning on storing music/videos on the XBox the Elite would be the best option. Also depending the age of your kids the option to install the games onto the XBox HD maybe a godsend if they scratch the disc to hell.
    You still need the original disc when you start the game but all other information is read from the HD so even if it is scratched to hell and "should" still be readable enjoy to authorise the XBox load the read off the HD.

Each games is going to take ~4-5GiB each and the adds like new maps can run upto ~ 1GiB each so it all adds up very fast.
    deisemum wrote: »
    Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

I wouldn't mind getting a cheap extra Hard Drive for my xbox too...

I have the older 20gb... which seems more like 15gb when I check in the xbox menu... I have 9.2gb worth of Rock Band DLC, and I have the Rock Band game on the hard drive....

253mb free :(

Advertisement