Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast tracking planning applications's

• 19-11-2008 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Fast tracking planning app's
    Hello people

I’m doing a research project for a 'project management' module in my final year of electrical engineering... As part of the PM module i need to research fast tracked planning applications. So, the obvious thing to do is contact 'an bord plenala' so that’s what I have done.. Unfortunately for them; they have not responded to numerous emails I have sent them. These emails include some general questions that i need the answers to. I was hoping that this 'board’s site' could help me out or point me in the right direction...

What is a fast tracking as apposed to normal application?

What is the process involved for fast tracking applications?

What criteria does an application need to qualify for fast tracking?

Any help or info would be great thanks

littlewopper

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

In fairness, ABP isn't an information-dispensing organization.

There are plenty of books on planning law and you will find them in the big academic libraries and the later editions will have something about this.

There is also a recent legal precedent about the DDDA's use of its 'fast track' procedure.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIE219IE219&q=planning+law+ireland+fast+track&btnG=Search&meta=

is worth a look.

You could also check out indymedia

https://www.indymedia.ie/article/76669?comment_order=asc&condense_comments=false&userlanguage=ga&save_prefs=true

(I do not advise you cite indymedia in your list of references.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There are different procedures. "Fast tracking" is probably a mis-nomer.

What you need to do is look at the planning acts and see what applications exist outside the standard procedure of council - An Bord Pleanála - court.

We won't do your homework for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property to Construction & Planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Schooby

I assume what you are talking about is the following

STATUTORY INSTRUMENT
    S.I. No. 685 of 2006
    PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2006
    specifically PART 18 - STRATEGIC INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT

this is the system where by certain developments can go straight to the Bord for determination, plenty of info on the bord's website and www.environ.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This was already posted here and locked for spamming.

Locked again.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement