Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling one car buying two..best way to do it?

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,
    I want to sell a 03 Skoda Octavia (100k miles) and buy a used Audi A4 and a Golf. Should I go to the one dealer with all or else trade in skoda for audi and just buy golf on its own? Also, before or after Christmas?

Thanks,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭draycottgirlz

try the other board thread wanting to get rid of two cars to get one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Betsyohoh

I did but it's not really relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

your 100K '03 octavias is well used and worth F all in the current market. Golf and A4 are only worth the same ish but probably a little more, like for like. You probably be better off keeping your car and just buying one of the others. unless you want to sell the octavia for big bucks and buy two sh*it boxs ? whick wont happen easy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Notch000 wrote: »
    your 100K '03 octavias is well used and worth F all in the current market. Golf and A4 are only worth the same ish but probably a little more, like for like. You probably be better off keeping your car and just buying one of the others. unless you want to sell the octavia for big bucks and buy two sh*it boxs ? whick wont happen easy

That post is very...er...helpful...

OP: Is your octavia petrol or diesel?
    What year A4 and Golf do you plan on buying (or what budget do you have for each).

People say that dealers aren't taking trade ins, but i'm sure alot of them would love to get rid of two for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Betsyohoh

Thanks Limerick man!

It's a diesel...it's in immaculate condition but I know at the end of the day it's a Skoda with 100k miles on it so in case I gave the impression that I was going to waltz into a dealer and get two cars as a direct swap for one I will actually have cash too!

I'd be looking at an 03/04 Audi and then totally flexible with the Golf year wise. And budget is about 15k. I'm not totally insane..I've checked it out on carzone..it seems possible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

It's tough to value a car in these conditions, but i'd say you could be looking at around 5k for the Skoda, maybe more maybe less dependant on the dealer depending if you buy two cars of the same fella. Just don't let buying two cars be a oppurtunity for figures to get confusing the dealer to screw ya:P

Is 15K for both Golf and A4, including/excluding trade it??

Advertisement