Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,862 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Do-more wrote: »
    Will this memory do the trick? Anywhere have it substantially below this price?
    Ebay link from a few pages back..

That substantial enough for ya?! ;)

PS - thread now marked as 'Expired'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Cheers basquille, now has anyone got any suggestions for a good padded bag or backpack for this, assuming it arrives before the 22nd. I'll be bringing it to Sweden for the Christmas, won't have to listen to the FIL then!

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Cheers basquille, now has anyone got any suggestions for a good padded bag or backpack for this, assuming it arrives before the 22nd.
    You owe me buddy!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

basquille wrote: »

Cheers but I had something like this in mind...

5207.jpg

just not the price! US$120

Time to keep searching....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Hey,

Can anyone who got a NC10 online confirm what the keyboard is like? All the reviews mention how good the keyboard is but then I went to play with it in PC world today and it this tiny little right shift key, not a full size one that most reviews are showing. Seems the UK keyboard has been changed?

c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Hey,

Can anyone who got a NC10 online confirm what the keyboard is like? All the reviews mention how good the keyboard is but then I went to play with it in PC world today and it this tiny little right shift key, not a full size one that most reviews are showing. Seems the UK keyboard has been changed?

c
    Don't think any of the models have got a full-sized shift key.. every single review I've read have said it's got a great keyboard but the smaller right shift key might catch some people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

basquille wrote: »
    Don't think any of the models have got a full-sized shift key.. every single review I've read have said it's got a great keyboard but the smaller right shift key might catch some people out.

Well this is the first hit for samsung nc10 review in google...

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptops/samsung-nc10.aspx

and it has the full shift key. This review shows the same thing in its pic...

http://www.digitgeek.com/samsung-nc10-review/

Even PC World's own site shows the full sized key...

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/339569

I'd imagine i'd get used to it, just when i was typing on it today, i got every single shift wrong :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

My TheHut.com order is showing as 'processing' but estimated dispatch date is down as 08/12/08 so its looking good :).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

MayoForSam wrote: »
    My TheHut.com order is showing as 'processing' but estimated dispatch date is down as 08/12/08 so its looking good :).

Check your credit card statement online to see if the money came out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

smccarrick wrote: »
    Check your credit card statement online to see if the money came out?

Yup, it sure did (not looking forward to January bill :eek:).

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Yup, it sure did (not looking forward to January bill :eek:).

Tell me about it :(
    The wife will be happy with her Christmas Pressie though :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Anybody had any update on their order yet ?

parsi wrote: »
    Anybody had any update on their order yet ?
    Still no update on my order from 20/11..

:(

Well I got a nice €55 bag for mine....
    NEWS-16640-0ce67623c1e223cb578931fea2c81969.jpg.l

And 2Gb of RAM!

Pity my NC10 is still "awaiting stock pick" !

I'm hoping the bag and RAM won't end up on adverts.ie come January:o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Mine still showing up as "Processing" and estimated dispatch 08/12.

Credit Card has not been charged.

My credit card was definitely charged- but no update on order- status is still "Awaiting Stock Pick"......

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hmm. These delays (esp. Basquille) are a tad worrying !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Thank God for Elara and my impulsiveness! (Cancelled my Hut order when I realised I could collect it in Parkwest straight away for a few more quid).

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »
    Thank God for Elara and my impulsiveness! (Cancelled my Hut order when I realised I could collect it in Parkwest straight away for a few more quid).

Depending on the colour you ordered- the 'few quid more' is between 99 and 113 Euro. Not to be sneezed at........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

Depending on the colour you ordered- the 'few quid more' is between 99 and 113 Euro. Not to be sneezed at........

The first batch was sold at €369 inc vat. Where did you get you figures from?

Kin Mak wrote: »
    The first batch was sold at €369 inc vat. Where did you get you figures from?

From the Elara website here.
    The prices range from EUR399.74 for the black to EUR414.32 for the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I ordered the NC10 when it was €350 on theHut and €369 on Elara.

€19 difference. For the sake of 3 weeks + wait, i'm happy with that.

I'd been considering an Acer Aspire One but was didering as I felt it was a tad too small. Given that I was looking at that in the €225-€300 depending on spec. I was never considering shelling out €350-€400 for the Samsung. It was only when I saw the mis-price of €299 that I jumped at it. If the Hut don't come thru with this one then I'll sit it out for a few months in the expectation that prices will drift down as supply increases...

invest4deepvalue.com

From the Elara website here.
    The prices range from EUR399.74 for the black to EUR414.32 for the blue.

Yes but people who bought it from us at the same time people bought from thehut paid €369.

From what I know they are charging more now?

Yes- the prices seem to be yo-yo'ing wildly on all websites. Strange!

Yes- the prices seem to be yo-yo'ing wildly on all websites. Strange!

Samsung increased the prices unfortunately so they went up for everyone. Some people who had stock kept it at the lower price, others raised it as soon as the price increase was in place. Suffice to say the first ones that got the NC10s would have had the best deal.

Kin Mak wrote: »
    Samsung increased the prices unfortunately so they went up for everyone. Some people who had stock kept it at the lower price, others raised it as soon as the price increase was in place. Suffice to say the first ones that got the NC10s would have had the best deal.

It has gotten really remarkable reviews everywhere- I can see why its so popular. There is an element of testing the market with the first batch though- and when they saw how popular they were- jacking up the prices....... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I saw this at €369 and was very tempted to pick one up. Sillily I decided to wait in hopes that the price might come down before reading about stock shortages etc and finally biting the bullet with Elara at €399. So my indecision ended up costing me €30! :mad:

Still though can't fault Elara at all - ordered yesterday at 12.30 and took delivery at around 15.30 that afternoon. Can't beat that for service!

Advertisement