Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I got that too, maybe they want to send me a blue one to match the black one :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Ordered a Blue one on the 27th at €301:D thanks Basquille and Kintaro (money taken from Credit Card) . Tried to get it changed to a Black or White one earlier this week to get a better chance of getting one before Christmas, but they wanted me to cancel and reorder:eek:. Asked for an update last night and just got this response.....

"I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order.

I can confirm that the delay in the dispatch of our items, is due to our suppliers going into Administration.

Our buyer's are currently working to source new suppliers so that we can send this stock to you.

At this time we unfortunately do not have a definate dispatch date for the item however, we are hoping to get the stock sent shortly. At this time we cannot guarentee a delivery for Christmas.

I do apologise for any inconvenience that this matter has caused.

If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I was told it'd be despatched yesterday.. still no notice of despatch or update in 'My Account' area.

:mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

basquille wrote: »
    I was told it'd be despatched yesterday.. still no notice of despatch or update in 'My Account' area.

:mad:

If the supplier is gone into administration- no wonder......
    Ask a question via the tool in your account section and ask can they give you tracking information?

smccarrick wrote: »
    If the supplier is gone into administration- no wonder......
    Ask a question via the tool in your account section and ask can they give you tracking information?
    Suppose so.. but this is the 3rd despatch date I've been told it'll be despatched on, and they always have an excuse for a delay... it's all gettting a bit tiresome.

• Advertisement

Suppose so.. but this is the 3rd despatch date I've been told it'll be despatched on, and they always have an excuse for a delay... it's all gettting a bit tiresome.

The worst part of it- is the way they charge your credit card immediately, and then don't ship for weeks/months etc. Surely there are rules governing this sort of thing?

If you want to give up on it- as you haven't received anything at all from them- the easiest way is to request a refund, and if this is not provided in a timely manner- initiate a chargeback on your credit card. It is ASDA though- so one would expect they'd have their act in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

The worst part of it- is the way they charge your credit card immediately, and then don't ship for weeks/months etc. Surely there are rules governing this sort of thing?

If you want to give up on it- as you haven't received anything at all from them- the easiest way is to request a refund, and if this is not provided in a timely manner- initiate a chargeback on your credit card. It is ASDA though- so one would expect they'd have their act in order.

Companies have to fulfill an order by 30 days of taking your money, if they go over they are officially in breach of contract.

Supplier in administration is a lie, just so you know.

But it's a decent saving.. not as good as the €301, but €312 ain't bad. So I'll probably stick with it. But if I get charged customs on it, I won't be a bit happy though.

By the way, any of ye who bought it when it was incorrectly priced at €301 - does it indicate anywhere on the shipping invoice / package where it was sent from? As their sister site SendIt.com apparently sends orders paid in euro from offices in the North (might explain why ye got them so fast), whereas they ship items paid in sterling from the Channel Islands. So I'm just wondering is TheHut similar?
    Kin Mak wrote:
    Companies have to fulfill an order by 30 days of taking your money, if they go over they are officially in breach of contract.

Cheers Kin Mak.. sounds like a crap excuse alright.

They do mention somewhere in terms and conditions that they take payment normally on despatch, but items that need to be ordered from suppliers on demand (which the NC10 was) are taking soon after order is placed.

Kin Mak wrote: »

I just don't get why they'd lie like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Result! just took delivery of my blue NC10!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

I just don't get why they'd lie like that?

Beats me, there are a four distributers of Samsung notebooks in the U.K. none of them has gone into administration. In fact I just called my account manager in Samsung and he confirmed that as well.

Do-more wrote: »
    Result! just took delivery of my blue NC10!
    Bah... stick that knife in and twist!! :D

Basquile mine came directly from Computer 2000 in Leicestershire delivered by UTI try giving them a call on 01 8081516 yours is probably with them also.

invest4deepvalue.com

Basquile mine came directly from Computer 2000 in Leicestershire delivered by UTI try giving them a call on 01 8081516 yours is probably with them also.
    I have no reference or anything though.. might be a bit pointless.

I have no reference or anything though.. might be a bit pointless.

They should be able to tell from your name and the source no need for a tracking number...

invest4deepvalue.com

If the NC10s came from Computer 2000 I can tell you they are sure as hell not in administration.

Rang UTi who were able to tell me from a customer name and from the supplier (Computer 2K), but they searched their system and couldn't find me.

Told me it'd be better if I get a 702 (or maybe it was 703) number as a method of tracking.

Looks like it hasn't been despatched to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I got the same administration bullsh*t off them this morning. I ordered on the 27th November and have'nt heard a thing from them since. No offer of a black one (I ordered blue) and no acknowledgement of the delay in shipping until I mailed them yesterday.

I'll be sending them a pissy message about ordering it for christmas etc etc in an effort to get it sooner but like yourself Basquille I dont want to cancel, I got it for €319 so will be trying to hang on to that order. It is frustrating seeing others get theirs though and we're being told they dont know when we'll have it! When did you order? just out of interest.

sonners wrote: »
    When did you order? just out of interest.
    20th November.. so I'm being royally shafted to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

:eek: thats just taking the piss.

• Advertisement

I will give you guys a refresher as well, all NC10s shipped before December or just after had a cheaper price, ones after had a higher price. Read into it what you will but if you ordered in November and TheHut could only deliver it now they have to pay a higher price for it.

I will give you guys a refresher as well, all NC10s shipped before December or just after had a cheaper price, ones after had a higher price. Read into it what you will but if you ordered in November and TheHut could only deliver it now they have to pay a higher price for it.

I'm guessing that at €301.18 they are probably making a loss on every one...

invest4deepvalue.com

Tough.....
    Though with the Euro now at 89.72 to Sterling- at least the currency differential from us paying in Euro is minimised.....

Not if they shipped it at the lower price, at the new price yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

with my limited knowledge of consumre electronics its very unlikely , taking a batch as a whole that they are making a loss even if there was an error on the original price, though technically when I ordered at 321.00 it was the euro equivalent.

maybe some irish retailer with a good relationship with boards, considering the time of year , would opt to sell to any one with a thehut order at the same price

think of the good publicity !!!

You guys were not charged VAT for the order, there is no way anyone can sell you a NC10 at €319.93 with VAT.

Margins on computers are very tight, the recent currency fluctuations can negate any profit and so yes because of the price increase by Samsung, TheHut would be shipping new units at a loss if they sold at the previous price.

€319.93 was a mistake and you guys tried to take advantage of it, can you really be upset if some of you are not getting your orders fulfilled?

If we offered to sell it at a lower price it would be unfair to the customers that are loyal to us and decided to buy from us instead of TheHut. That is just not going to happen from us and I doubt any other retailer would either.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I agree with most of Kin's posting. I don't see any need (or sense) in a different retailer supplying goods at the price we were charged. This might make a wee bit of sense if we were all after ordering "ThisYearsLatestToy" and the kiddies were going to be disappointed.

However we are paying VAT - the difference in price is primarily due to the failure to convert UK > Euro.

I've just received an email from the Hut confimring that the items will "definitely be delivered next week" and that it will be there in time for Christmas.

What we have to bear in mind is that this was a gamble, we all chanced our arms to see would they honour the price. They honoured the price alright but seem to be playing a wiating game in the hope that folk will ask for a refund. Of course there is also the possibility that The Hut is a chaotic organisation..

I think at is a bit of a naive view, if not even mischievous

At the time I ordered the price would of been maybe 30euro better than the next lowest, all internet sellers were at considerably lower prices than present including elara

when I purchased it was after increasing to 321 sterling and remained at that for the week , it looked like only they mispriced the euro cost as it had not changed. But the reality was sterling was equivalent to euro ( in fact that day, or the day after sterling dropped below euro for some hours ) so it wasn't me taking advantage of any one

In fact internet sellers not offering goods at the same currency equivalent is much more accurately " taking advantage"

and regarding markup - internet retailers much have a considerably different policy on pricing , as brick and mortar stores deliberately overprice goods so they can then offer discounts , or a "good deal from the sales man "

the same unit I ordered for 321 is 459 in a local store, and not a retail chain. I have no doubt his mark up is @ least 50% so the cost would be 301 to him

any loss thehut are making is minimal , and compensated for in their over all sales, and indeed the increase in hits on their website with collateral purchases.

I find it irritating when "helpful" advice from a sales man degenerates into an alternate and less altruistic agenda

Just got the same notification as Parsi::D

"We have now received confirmation from our suppliers that thois will definately (sic) be delivered next week.

This email is to confirm that you will receive your order in time for Christmas.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused."

I have to agree that we got lucky and took advantage of a pricing mistake. The Hut honoring the contract (and it is a legal contract - Invitation to treat + Offer + Acceptance - with no exceptions stated in their T+Cs) is a bonus.:)

• Advertisement

parsi wrote: »
    They honoured the price alright but seem to be playing a waiting game in the hope that folk will ask for a refund. Of course there is also the possibility that The Hut is a chaotic organisation..

they did indeed honour the price, and their customer service was intitially exemplary. but taking instant payment 15 days before even being able to confirm a despatch date is not the most "honourable" thing.

I will be happy once it arrived in a reasonable time

My only gripe is how there is no longer any real response to mails, why can't they offer a tracking number etc - its not like the are a small endeavour

when I purchased it was after increasing to 321 sterling and remained at that for the week , it looked like only they mispircied as the euro cost had not changed. But the reality was sterling was equivalent to euro ( in fact that day, or the day after sterling dropped below euro for some hours ) so it wasn't me taking advantage of any one

In fact internet sellers not offering goods at the same currency equivalent is much more accurately " taking advantage"

Are you suggesting that Sterling was 1:1 with the Euro? :confused:

Seriously get your facts right before accusing other sellers of not giving you the same "currency equivalent"

3m?eurgbp=x

Just got this..
    We have now received confirmation from our suppliers that thois will definately be delivered next week.

This email is to confirm that you will receive your order in time for Christmas.

:rolleyes:

As someone said earlier - I won't believe it until I have an NC10 i my hands ;)

Are you suggesting that Sterling was 1:1 with the Euro? :confused:

Seriously get your facts right before accusing other sellers of not giving you the same "currency equivalent"

From Evening Standard:
    Sterling was today on course for its worst week ever against the European single currency, raising the prospect of a one pound euro.

The pound traded at 86.7p per euro, meaning it has lost 5% since opening the week at 82.7p — the largest fall since the single currency was launched in 1999. It is down 20% on a year ago.

For some hours it did hit parity depending on what market reporting you looked at, and in ireland in particular sterling and euro has parity int he North for some number of weeks as retailers strive to get cash in

I do get my facts right - and its laughable, and slightly offensive, to see you on the defensive about an accusation about online retailers andcurrency equivalents

why not run a poll asking have people experienced popular online sellers quoting euro prices that are considerably more the currency equivalent ?

Anyways way off topic

From Evening Standard:

For some hours it did hit parity depending on what market reporting you looked at, and in ireland in particular sterling and euro has parity int he North for some number of weeks as retailers strive to get cash in

I do get my facts right - and its laughable, and slightly offensive, to see you on the defensive about an accusation about online retailers andcurrency equivalents

why not run a poll asking have people experienced popular online sellers quoting euro prices that are considerably more the currency equivalent ?

Anyways way off topic

It never hit parity, look at the currency graph I posted. The Euro was definately not at any point stronger than the Sterling.

When did you think it hit parity?

• Advertisement

42-16509447.jpg?size=572&uid=%7B31A9A641-59C2-414B-B7D2-49FE13D6020A%7D

Alright alright.. break it up! :D

Back on topic now please.

Awww... Come on! Please tell me someone is going to back me up on this! Euro and Sterling parity?! :rolleyes:

It never hit parity, look at the currency graph I posted. The Euro was definately not at any point stronger than the Sterling.

When did you think it hit parity?

Correct- it has traded on the intracurrency market at its lowest ever point against the Euro for the last 5 days running. At present it is at 1Euro = 89.37p

That a limited number of retailers, principally in the grocery and clothing sectors- which enjoy vastly superior margins to computer equipment, chose to offer parity with the Euro- is totally irrelevant. None of these retailers are online retailers, and even with parity (i.e. roughly a 12% discount) they still have margins in the 16-20% region (depending on the sector they are in).

S.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I dunno... let's wait for the Round 5 picture ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

parsi wrote: »
    I dunno... let's wait for the Round 5 picture ;)

And I think we should see the first 3 too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Enough of the fighting.

Any idea when the website will be updated with stock for the NC10? You said this morning they were in the warehouse waiting to be checked in.

In the next 30 min...

Having trouble connecting to my Eircom wireless router, it gets stuck at "acquiring network address" can anyone be of assistance?

invest4deepvalue.com

Try rebooting the router and then try connecting again.

No joy, any more suggestions?

invest4deepvalue.com

No joy, any more suggestions?

Check to make sure you have the right security settings input for the connection- you need to do this prior to attempting to connect.

As a total aside- if you try a hardwired connection to the modem/router, does it work then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Anyone looking to upgrade to 2gb of RAM i wouldn't use the eBay seller recommended earlier in this thread.
    I ordered it about 16 days ago and still no sign...

Try www.shop4memory.com - they're based in Celbridge and have really good turnarounds. Ps- no, I've no affiliations with them whatsoever, just many troublefree purchases......

Anyone looking to upgrade to 2gb of RAM i wouldn't use the eBay seller recommended earlier in this thread.
    I ordered it about 16 days ago and still no sign...

Same here,they claim the memory is coming from London, but i'd say it's coming from Hong Kong...

Internet working on wired connection OK

looks like I picked the wrong keyboard when I was setting up XP as the O key is typing 6! off to change it now....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

looks like I picked the wrong keyboard when I was setting up XP as the O key is typing 6! off to change it now....

Fn + F11 , did the same myself :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
Advertisement