Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung NC10 Netbook (Blue) - €319.93 ** MISPRICE** [TheHut / SendIt]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmm.. from a quick glance, shop4memory.com don't seem to have the memory for the NC10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

The keyboard was the problem all a long, as it ment I was putting in the wrong WPA key. :o

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Thats weird becuase shop4memory & memoryc are the same company, based out of unit in celbridge.
    You can collect in person also, saving the delivery charge.

Cheers smccarrick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

just received mine today , ordered on the 27-Nov-2008 web site stills says Awaiting Stock Pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 y3rman

Mine was delivered today - ordered Nov 21st.

Last week I got the message that it would not be despatched until Jan 7th . I must have got lucky!!!!:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

You can also get memory from crucial for €29.03 delivered - http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/listparts.aspx?model=NC10-14G

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

basquille wrote: »
    Just got this..

:rolleyes:

basquille your probably the most prolific poster on both these threads for the Samsung, hope your not disappointed when it arrives:)

I bought of Elara.ie on a Wednesday and received on a Thursday, I may have paid a few extra euros extra at the time(even though I will be claiming back the vat) but have it now 3 weeks and would hate to be going through all this hassle regarding an order when my money has been taken.

• Advertisement

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    basquille your probably the most prolific poster on both these threads for the Samsung, hope your not disappointed when it arrives:)

Enough of winding up Bas! I know first hand how frustrating it is to be left waiting. Sure this was a mis-price but in the history of mis-prices it wasn't the biggest in the world and if thehut hadn't charged our CC's straight away they were perfectly entitled to cancel the orders. But the fact is they did charge our CC's and from that point on we are IMO entitled to be treated like any other customer.

As for the NC10 what shortcomings it has are pretty well covered in most threads, but I will give my summary.

First don't worry about the RAM upgrade unless you intend running some RAM hungry apps or Vista, the standard setup is excellent IMO.

Maybe it just takes getting used to, but on first impressions the track pad is brutal. First priority is to get a nice Bluetooth mouse.

The on board speakers are also brutal, I've tried using my Sony Ericsson MBS 100 with it and it's a vast improvement.

Likewise the output from the earphone socket has very poor amplification even with the volume max'ed Metallica fans will be dissapointed.

And the shiny lid is a finger print magnet.

invest4deepvalue.com

Finally got notification of my NC10 being despatched from TheHut..

.. well done, it only took them 4 fucking weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I want notification :(

least will stop me playing with before xmas

if it comes

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

I ordered on the 27th November and got the notification that the laptop has now been shipped today the 15th. I received shipment of the laptop last friday the 12th. If you can figure out how they do business fair whack to you, me I'm confused although if another one came through the door I would be a happy chapy.

Cionn

Finally got notification of my NC10 being despatched from TheHut..

.. well done, it only took them 4 fucking weeks!

We should throw a party!

I just got the email saying my order has been despatched even though I received in on Friday. Looks like it was automatically generated when they closed off my open order so I'm not expecting another one to land on my door...

On Friday, 5 minutes after my NC10 was delivered I got an email from the Hut saying that they couldn't despatch it until they got my phone number (even though they already had it)....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

Still no sign of mine, dispatched about 5 days ago according to their emails.

Have contacted Sendit for tracking details, hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

• Advertisement

blobert wrote: »
    Still no sign of mine, dispatched about 5 days ago according to their emails.

Have contacted Sendit for tracking details, hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

You should have bought off thehut, far more reliable deliveries! :p

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

No movement on mine. Ordered on the 27th.

The assured me it'd be delivered before Christmas when I contacted them.

Many others still waiting from TheHut.com?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    No movement on mine. Ordered on the 27th.

The assured me it'd be delivered before Christmas when I contacted them.

Many others still waiting from TheHut.com?

I ordered 27 Nov and now Despatch Date 08/12/08 , got encouraging email about delivery this week. Huh takes some time

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Well Holy God !

Just got an email from The Hut telling me that the laptop has been dispatched.

Still won't believe it until it lands in front of my desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Snap!

• Advertisement

parsi,

You are singlehandedly the most sceptical person I've ever witnessed!

:D

They took money off your card and sent you a despatch notice yet:
    parsi wrote: »
    Still won't believe it until it lands in front of my desk.

I know. Shocking isn't it ;) Not even a tracking number !

Got my Blue NC10 from a courier an hour ago. Just setting it up now. First impressions are good - love the physical look and feel :D

darraghn..

Where does it say on the package that it originated from?

Just curious as haven't heard back from TheHut for my VAT inclusive invoice.

Enjoy it.

Hi basquille. Package came from Computer2000 in Cheshire in the UK, so no VAT invoice required IMHO;)

Mucho graciás darraghn.. thanks for that!

Arrgghh.. sent it to parents house so have no idea if it arrived. It had better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭blobert

My Sendit one arrived today.

Send from

M H International
    Bristol

Now to work out how to get the box home on the bike (its too big for my bag)

Thanks to the original Bargain Alerter, got this for over €100 less than it now costs:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anyone still looking for one before xmas, elara have several hundred on order (black & blue ones) expected in stock in the next couple of days.

http://www.elara.ie/products/notebooks.asp?mancode=&anyallexact=all&manu=&searchBtn=Search&srch=nc10&productcode=&offset=

Mine didn't arrive anyway. Anyone else still waiting?

Am petrified it's spending the night in Portlaoise!

:(

Pop them another message from the control panel?
    I just got another apology for the delay out of the blue.......
    I'm glad I have no shares in that company........ (or any others......:()

• Advertisement

Would ye not be worrying about having to pay VAT on it.

Even if it is stopped all of the documentation it ships with shows UK addresses no mention of your super duper Caymen islands tax scam!;):D

invest4deepvalue.com

The reason I'm worrying about VAT is I read a forum post saying that orders in Euro are shipped from the Belfast or the UK.

Whereas orders in sterling were shipped from the Channel Islands.

The reason I'm worrying about VAT is I read a forum post saying that orders in Euro are shipped from the Belfast or the UK.

Whereas orders in sterling were shipped from the Channel Islands.

It looks like they are shipping orders from at very least 3 different UK based distributors (none from the Channel Islands). I'd keep hassling them if I were you.

S.

smccarrick wrote: »
    It looks like they are shipping orders from at very least 3 different UK based distributors (none from the Channel Islands). I'd keep hassling them if I were you.

S.
    Will pop them an ticket for a tracking number.. but I'm still waiting for a response for a ticket 2 days ago.

Might ring UTi and see if they have a delivery for me in the morning as they could find out by surname last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I got an email but boards.ie was not allowing me to post earlier

basically
    We apologise for the continued delay in sending your item(s) listed below. Please be assured that we are following this up as a matter of priority in order to try and get your order to you as soon as we can

am very disappointed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

might be worth cancelling and going with elara if you want one in time for xmas. :(

Came into work this morning and there on my desk was a box from Computer 2000 with the NC10 inside.

I'm happy now.

I wasn't in a hurry for this but the whole thing does make me reluctant to use The Hut to purchase an item that had to arrive by a certain time.

Thanks to the OP (Basquille) and his mighty bargain-sniffing nose :)

parsi wrote: »
    Came into work this morning and there on my desk was a box from Computer 2000 with the NC10 inside.

I'm happy now.

I wasn't in a hurry for this but the whole thing does make me reluctant to use The Hut to purchase an item that had to arrive by a certain time.

Thanks to the OP (Basquille) and his mighty bargain-sniffing nose :)
    Lucky you parsi.. hope I get it today so!

Won't ring UTi til after lunch as I'll ring the "parental units" in a while and see if it arrived.

PS - to be honest.. if anyone deserves credit, it's Kintarō Hattori for spotting the euro misprice. Was completely unaware of that!

Thanks to Kintarō Hattori as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I'm still waiting aswell. Got a message friday saying they could'nt guarantee delivery for Christmas, problems with suppliers, etc, etc. Sending them another message today to see what the story is. Not holding out much hope of getting it for christmas at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Lucky you parsi.. hope I get it today so!

Won't ring UTi til after lunch as I'll ring the "parental units" in a while and see if it arrived.

PS - to be honest.. if anyone deserves credit, it's Kintarō Hattori for spotting the euro misprice. Was completely unaware of that!

I seemed to get the same mails at the same times as you Basquille and this morning I got the laptop so fingers crossed for ya.

Thanks to Basquille and Kintaro Hattori for this. My missus won't thanks youse though.

Cheers mick.

Will let ye know if and when I recieve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

We need a new thread to announce when Basquille gets his NC10 :)

quarryman wrote: »
    We need a new thread to announce when Basquille gets his NC10 :)
    Support my request for the 'Basquille Gets His NC10' Forum.

I got this mail from them this morning!
    Just to confirm the following item(s) have been sent to you:
    • Samsung NC10 Netbook Intel Atom (N270) 1.6GHz 1024MB (1x1024MB) 160GB 10.2 inch WSVGA TFT LAN WLAN BT Windows XP (Intel GMA 950) (Blue) (Computers)
    This is not a duplicate order - we just want to let you know that your order has been sent. Please disregard this e-mail if your order has already arrived.

They are on top of things for sure!

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

Got that this morning as well Do-more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Got that this morning as well Do-more.

So did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

I did'nt get anything off them. The only contact I've had off them is when I've contacted them and they've replied, otherwise no updates at all. :mad:

I got the same email this morning, but got the delivery itself yesterday! So chin-up basquille - there is a good chance that you will get it today;)

What a mess......

• Advertisement
Advertisement