Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Wireless Broadband

• 19-11-2008 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi wizards i havent a clue bout computers, but i got a laptop and vodafone wireless broadband, if i go on U tube it takes ages to watch anything, now i do have bout 3 bars for the signal and i downloaded the Flash Reader? Is there anything i can do ive seen sites going on about speeding up your PC are they safe to go messing around with? Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved from laptops. Think this is more of a broadband issue...

Cheers.
    Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConfusedBuyer

Ok ive noticed that mobile connections does switch from Vodafone IE GPRS to 3G and Vodafone HSDPA, now when im on this its a rocket. is there any way i can choose this Vodafone HSDPA all the time???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭gerky

I think the software on all these modems is more or less the same so if you go in to the settings there should be an option among them to choose connection type, in this there are probably four options and your modem is probably set to 3G/HSDPA preferred, if you set it to 3G/HSDPA only it should keep it from switching to gprs.

If you have any trouble getting a connection just switch it back.
    Just on a slightly different topic, its not really wireless broadband its mobile internet, it works on the same technology as mobile phones.

Edit* I forgot to add that this will only work if your in an area that has reasonable 3G/HSDPA coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

No, I'm afraid not. You've got Vodafone's mobile internet service (rather than Wireless broadband...that's a different thing) and the signal you get is subject to lots of external factors. Things like how close you are to the nearest Vodafone mast, how many other people are also using the signal from the mast at the same time as you and even the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ConfusedBuyer

Ok thanks people, i was just messing around with it there, see how it goes. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 yumyumtropical

I don't know much about computers but i do know that Vodafone Wireless Broadband is THE WORST SERVICE I have EVER gotten. Get out now if you can. you'll be frustrated for the next 6 months waiting for videos to load and turning on and off the internet at least 6 or 7 times a day in the hope to fix it. I will never ever ever ever be a customer of vodafone again after this.:mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement