Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access The Ladies Lounge

Options
  • 19-11-2008 3:48pm

My work have a web filter as of a month or two ago and in the last week I havent been able to access the Ladies Lounge, and a few other forums, from work. is this to do with any pop ups or ads that are getting nuked by the filter or is it just my computer?! I can access some threads there through the boards home page but cannot go into the forum itself.

In before the "Why are YOU posting in the ladies lounge" and "Do some work" posts!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Short answer: you'd have to ask the guys doing the filtering.

What are you seeing if you're not seeing the thread/forum in question?

CuLT wrote: »
    Short answer: you'd have to ask the guys doing the filtering.

What are you seeing if you're not seeing the thread/forum in question?

They blocked facebook, bebo, yahoo and a few other things in work and when you try to go on those sites it says "Access Denied" and a blank white screen. If I try to go into TLL the forum comes up for a spilt second and then the same "Access Denied" screen pops up.

Very odd.

Unfortunately I won't be asking the guys doing the filtering for fear of getting boards blocked in work! :pac:

They blocked facebook, bebo, yahoo and a few other things in work and when you try to go on those sites it says "Access Denied" and a blank white screen. If I try to go into TLL the forum comes up for a spilt second and then the same "Access Denied" screen pops up.

Very odd.

Unfortunately I won't be asking the guys doing the filtering for fear of getting boards blocked in work! :pac:
    Interesting, are you in work at the moment? Might try a little experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They may be doing some kind of content filtering based on the words in the web page. Server intensive (for them), but probably quite effective. It would explain why some forums are blocked (based on the thread titles) and others aren't.

Can you access threads directly within those forums (e.g. from search)?

Interesting, are you in work at the moment? Might try a little experiment.

I am indeed, just tried again, still no joy.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    They may be doing some kind of content filtering based on the words in the web page. Server intensive (for them), but probably quite effective. It would explain why some forums are blocked (based on the thread titles) and others aren't.

Can you access threads directly within those forums (e.g. from search)?

I dunno, i mean I just went into S&S no bother. AH is grand. All the other forums I use are fine. Its just TLL out of the ones I use.

I can access TLL threads off the front page only.

Try now.

You sir, are a magician! No trouble now, what was it?!

You sir, are a magician! No trouble now, what was it?!
    Added you to the subscribers group and turned off your ads.

Just to test... you should subscribe :)

Added you to the subscribers group and turned off your ads.

Just to test... you should subscribe :)

hint hint! I have been contemplating subscribing to be honest. i do spend enough time here to be fair!

It was jumpin to the "access denied" screen now in Helpdesk!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement