Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question before i buy fm2009

Options
  • 19-11-2008 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

quick question lads, ive been playin fm2007 up utill now. while playin it i could close over the laptop when finished using it leavin FM open and when i'd pick up the laptop again fm2007 would still be runnin and i could just keep playing.

now ive got the demo of 2009 and if i just close over the laptop leavin the demo running all i get is a black screen in the fm window when i open up again which means i cant continue where i was.

My question is whether i have to save and close the game before i close the lid on the laptop or is this just cos its the demo nd not the full game??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Eoinsku

Is this a big issue? Saving doesn't take that long anyway, and loading the game is fairly quick too.

Also, my game has crashed a few times now, so you're better off doing manual saves after every few games.

To directly answer your question, I don't know as I have mine running on my desktop. However, it might depend on whether you were running the game full screen, or 'windowed'. With windowed I would think it it could be possible to close the screen on the laptop and keep it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭bryanmurr

ah no its not a big issue at all, but its just somethin ive got into the habit of doin. 2007 was run in full screen mode but the 2009 demo is windowed, ill try flick it to full screen and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

You can do it, I do it sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Can I just ask another question before I buy it?

Just wanna know how necessary is internet connection for installation? Or is it the key to installing, in which case I'll wait till I'm back at college before buying. And then do ya need the internet to play after? This Stream thing confuses me.

Advertisement