Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tree surgeon query

Options
  • 19-11-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭

i got a quote for 350 to remove 3 ash trees from my garden,does this seem reasonable to you folks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Id say so. I paid 400 last year to have a huge eucalyptus tree chopped down. They also shredded it into a truck, I could have kept it for mulch but there was too much. Got a few nice big logs from it to use around the garden. Make sure they have public liability insurance in case of damage to neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

The price will depend on several factors, size of the trees, access, obstructions etc.

As Gollyitsolly said make sure that whoever is undertaking the work has suitable insurance, also, and just as importantly check that they have suitable qualifications.

There a plenty of people claiming to be tree surgeons who are operating (excuse the pun) without any training, without personal protective equipment and with defective machinery.

Usually best to stay away from the cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

As a guide, the typical manday rate for a professional Tree surgeon is € 400.00 (excl VAT). A good TS would do a considerable amount of cutting (+ stump grinding) for that rate.

OP- not knowing the site aspects, circumstances and tree size details, the rate quoted is probably a little on the high side.

As stated by previous poster essential to ensure that the TS has valid Pub Liab Ins (ask for copy and ring the insurers to confirm cover is in place, don't risk being fooled by a DTP page).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

hey,thanks alot ill get another quote,its really messy,3 ash trees growing through the middle of a fence that partitions myself and my neighbour so the whole fence has to come out too

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

jaysis, that's brilliant the cheapest quotes i got were €1000 for two trees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Send me a PM and I'd be happy to provide details.

Advertisement