Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can O2 ready to go 3g Iphone bought in UK work in ireland

• 19-11-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I was wondering if a O2 ready to go 3g Iphone bought in the UK work in ireland ,I mean can I buy it there and unlock it once I get back to ireland

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Not with any more ease than an other locked iPhone. All you can do is use one of these turbo SIMs (in my experience, unsatisfactory) or jailbreak it. Might s well by an Irish locked one. You can do the same to them. At time of writing you cannot unlock them as such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Valour08

thanks for the above,can i unlock the o2 iphone 3g ready to go that i buy in the uk using the pwnage and then get it to work with vodafone ireland :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Obskure

I'm afraid pwning a 3g iPhone will only jailbreak it. The phone will not be unlocked. The unlock only applies to a 2g iPhone. As has been stated, a turbo sim, or equivalent, will be needed for you to operate the iPhone on Vodafone

Advertisement