Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox or ps3?

• 19-11-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭

which do you recommend as best graphics/ value for money etc.....
    help please..:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

not bein smart but your on an xbox forum so most people who'd say xbox:)

but if you want my opinion the xbox. far better value for money and lots more games and more user friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭evogirl

:mad:

ooppps.. sorry! :(
    wasnt sure where to post it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

evogirl wrote: »
    which do you recommend as best graphics/ value for money etc.....
    help please..:o

is it for yourself or a present for someone?

ooppps.. sorry! :(
    wasnt sure where to post it :confused:

Ha, it's just that very question has been asked a million times on this site already! ;)

Oh and the 360 is waaaaaaaaaay better by the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

On a xbox forum, I'd say you're going to get a fairly biased answer. :D

Seriously though, it depends on what you want it for. They both do pretty much the exact same thing with the PS3 having the bonuses of a bluray player and an inbuilt wireless connection. But they're only good if you want to use them.

Price wise, the consoles vary and the prices are always coming down. The PS3 is more expensive, but you do get the bluray player and a few bells and whistles on it like that. The games cost pretty much the same.

Gamewise, you get the odd exclusive game for each console but most games come out on both systems.

So it's pretty much a toss up. There might be benefits to one over the other if you want one for a particular reason. I have both and use the xbox almost exclusively for games and use the PS3 as a media player that's networked to my PC for films and music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah, you should post in boards.ie > Games.

Say which games you're into to help people direct you.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    is it for yourself or a present for someone?
    tis a pressie for a very good friend:D
    Ha, it's just that very question has been asked a million times on this site already! ;)

Oh and the 360 is waaaaaaaaaay better by the way :D

oh right i see, thought id upset you by havin to ask :o

oh right i see, thought id upset you by havin to ask :o

Nah, i was only having a laugh with the angry smiley anyway :eek:

humanji wrote: »
    On a xbox forum, I'd say you're going to get a fairly biased answer. :D

Seriously though, it depends on what you want it for. They both do pretty much the exact same thing with the PS3 having the bonuses of a bluray player and an inbuilt wireless connection. But they're only good if you want to use them.

Price wise, the consoles vary and the prices are always coming down. The PS3 is more expensive, but you do get the bluray player and a few bells and whistles on it like that. The games cost pretty much the same.

Gamewise, you get the odd exclusive game for each console but most games come out on both systems.

So it's pretty much a toss up. There might be benefits to one over the other if you want one for a particular reason. I have both and use the xbox almost exclusively for games and use the PS3 as a media player that's networked to my PC for films and music.
    cheers for the advice. i know its gonna be used mainly for games so the xbox is winning so far.:)

• Advertisement

Nah, i was only having a laugh with the angry smiley anyway :eek:

ah thats ok.. we're cool then :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

tis a pressie for a very good friend:D

This time last year, i was gonna buy a PS3 since thats what most of my mates had, but then the girlfriend got me an Xbox 360 for christmas, and i have to say im really glad i didnt get the ps3...

The xbox is way better imo, the online aspect is better, and there is a way bigger choice of games for it...

Go with the XBOX...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I just bought a cheap Tesco xbox to tide me over until I get my new shiny Nehalem PC.
    Currently I'd say that the PS3 is currently behind. The xbox curretly has more going for it interms of software. Technically the PS3 is a superior machine, there's no denying that and Sony may catch up software wise but its doubtful.

Apart from the few exclusives, (a few of the xbox ones are now appearing on the PS3) the majority of games are multi platform. All there's really is to sway you is cost and personal taste for the ergonomics of each machine. (EDIT oh and the online stuff but I couldn't be arsed with having to pay for online gaming)

They're just barebones PCs anyway.

(get a wii :pac:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement