Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting F7, F8, F9 & P1 together! Possible?

• 19-11-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I was wondering is this being totally and utterly optimistic or setting myself up for a nervous breakdown?

Has anyone attempted four subjects together at the one sitting sitting, while working full time?

I was initially thinking of taking 3 next June but am a little tempted to try for 4, any feedback on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭marizpan

Was considering the same thing, but then i figured that experience is just as important so no point rushing. nervous breakdown wouldnt be the word i think.. aaaaahhhhhhh!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

The most I've done is three, passed all of them mind you but it's a hard thing to do.

Of course it's popssible to do those 4 altogether (anything's possible!!). I would rate the exams in terms of difficulty (1 being the hardest rising to 4 being the easiest)

1 F7 (words and numbers)
    2 F9 (words and numbers)
    3 F8 (words only)
    4 P1 (words only)

good luck with whatever you decide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Hey Climber, Can I ask how many you've taken the previous exams? I'm hoping to start this in the new year & am trying to figure out how many I should take for the first exams in June & then Dec? I would like to get the ball rolling so am reluctant to only take 2 in June, was thinking more along the lines of say first 3 in June and 4-6 in Dec?.. I'll be working full time as well so don't want to completely run myself into the ground either.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Dr Dodger, what exemptions did you get?

It all depends on what leve you are starting at as to how many exams you should attempt, i.e. if you are starting at the very bottom (F1,F2,F3,F4) then it would be quite possible to sit all four in June. You can do F1-F3 by CBE (computer based examination) staggered throughout the year. F4 is a nice little exam as well.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fidget

Maclyn wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was wondering is this being totally and utterly optimistic or setting myself up for a nervous breakdown?

Has anyone attempted four subjects together at the one sitting sitting, while working full time?

I was initially thinking of taking 3 next June but am a little tempted to try for 4, any feedback on this?

I think you're mad.:D Why not sit 2 in June, and 2 in Dec and comfortably pass them all rather than stress out cramming 4 into such a short time whilst working full time and run a high risk of failing at least 1 of them which would need to be resat in Dec anyway? It's not as if there's a vast time difference between June and December either. :confused:

Very best of luck and every success in whatever you decide! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Hi Fidget,

You are right. I found it quite tough towards the end of the last exams, especially juggling family life and so I have decided to take 2 the next sitting and enjoy life instead of putting myself under so much pressure.

Just deciding now whether to stick with BPP for F7 & F8 or go with some other provider.

Advertisement