Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identifying your new build for the insurance company..

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of insuring my new build but the insurer has asked me for the model of computer.. This would be easy if it was a Dell Dimension or something but I built it myself..

I was gonna just call it a Q6600 PC or something like that.. How exactly do you guys present your new builds to the insurance company??

For my bike they ask for the serial number so, I was thinking for the PC something like the serial of the motherboard maybe,can software or BIOS tell you this???

Any thaughts or is this even an issue??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Just tell them its a custom built pc. IF they have a problem just tell them its the equivilent to an alienware or dell xps machine.

Advertisement