Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox repair question

• 19-11-2008 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

This is about the official repair service from Microsoft - for the 'ring of death' problem. Has anyone had any problems getting their address properly printed onto the UPS label?

For me, all of my address is being left out, it just has my name, then 'NA' (for the postcode I think), then 'Ireland'. So obviously I'm worried that the console might not make it back to me!

I've rang xbox support 4 times today - and they've sent me 4 different labels over email, all with the same problem. Does anyone know if this address that's printed on the UPS label is even used when getting the console back to me? Or will it just get read from the computer when they look up my service number? If I write my full address on the box will that make any difference?

thanks for any help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Yes - I've had the exact same problem. MS have 4 lines on their address, UPS have 3 so one gets chopped off. Its like rocket science explaining to them that the address is incomplete on the UPS label even though he can quote back my full address.

I got my first label and my format was

My Name
    House Number - Estate
    Small Village
    Republic Of Ireland

Hmmm, no county. I was a little worried that Limerick was chopped off so I rang MS a second time just to confirm my address, and then they sent out the same address on the label again. I just said screw it, wrote Limerick on the label, and stuck in a note that had my full address on it stuck to my 360....I got it back anyways. You really would think that with the amount of 360's they get back, they would have spotted this problem by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep, I've seen this with UPS before so I get as much as I can onto the first line... I sent my Xbox back yesterday and the label was missing the very end of the address line so I just filled it in with a pen. Hopefully it'll come back in one piece...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Steve_H

Y2J_MUFC : bloody hell, what a joke. cheers for letting me know whats what. I was just thinking the same about sticking a sheet of paper to it. feck it, I'll chance it anyway - what's the worse that can happen - that they lose it??

oh. ... feck.

J-blk : ta for the info - I'll get busy with the pen as well. hopefully we'll both see our xboxes back again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Steve_H wrote: »
    cheers for letting me know whats what
    No worries!
    Steve_H wrote: »
    feck it, I'll chance it anyway - what's the worse that can happen - that they lose it?

Thats the worst that can happen.... and its pretty damn bad. Although you could probably get a new 360 out of MS if it never comes back or if it pops up in Pakistan....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Thats the worst that can happen.... and its pretty damn bad. Although you could probably get a new 360 out of MS if it never comes back or if it pops up in Pakistan....

Yeah, I was thinking that... keep a copy of your tracking number handy and if it ends up going missing, give them hell. It would be a major pain in the a** if that happened and would probably take ages, but you'd most likely get an upgrade of some sort out of it. I'm not too worried about it going MIA to be honest, but do agree that the whole MS/UPS address match screw-up should have been fixed by now...

• Advertisement
Advertisement