Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on selling in recession

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

In the times we find ourselves in I know this is going to be no easy task but I was wondering has anyone any advice on selling a 07 VW Caddy with 26k on the clock. Obviously having as low a price as possible is going to help so I was thinking of advertising it at €11000 inclusive of vat.

What web site's would you recommend? AutoTrader, CBG, Carzone, or local papers. I am curious if anyone has had any success in selling any type of vehicle on these site because from what I can see there are very few private sellers on these sites.

Any advice at all is much appreciated.

BTW: I did manage to get a trade in price off a dealer, he told me it was worth €9000 (Yes I know the motor industry is in the gutter) but I can be quite sure if I did trade in for this price I would be trawling the internet some evening and see it listed somewhere for 13k:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Hi there,

It all depends on how patient you are and how quickly you need a sale.

If you advertise for a decent, realistic price and are prepared to take a touch less then you should be fine.

I would let friends and family know the car is for sale as a first and then advertise say on adverts.ie and see what gives.

I think there is a touch of panic selling as in take anything but you just need one person to be interested to make the sale.

Best of luck mate.

I'll be selling my mother's clk 00 230 kompressor soon - wish me luck!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If you want to sell, i've three words for you. Price, price and price.

Simple as, if someone is looking to buy a 07 Vw Caddy, they'll go down to the cheapest, if yours is there, they'll look at it, and hopefully buy. They won't start off looking at the dearest.

Make sure the van is clean, take all crap out of it, get nine good quaility pictures and give as much detail about it as you can. All the good points.

As for advertising, against the fact that people seem to dislike carzone now. It would be one put it on, but they seem to redirect all there commercials to the Autotrader site anyway so it's as much as a much. If it's cheap, locals papers etc. etc. ````

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cmore

Thanks lads,

I'll give it a clean up on the weekend and pop it on to carzone / autotrader, buyandsell, and adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cmore wrote: »
    Thanks lads,

I'll give it a clean up on the weekend and pop it on to carzone / autotrader, buyandsell, and adverts.

Best of luck with the sale.

Advertisement