Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air mail

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

Can't really think of a better place to put this but obviously please feel free to move if in the wrong place mods.
    I need to post some applications to California in the next week or two, how long should it take if I send it by airmail? Are there quicker ways of posting them and being guaranteed to arrive, by An Post? Would I have to go with some courier company to make sure?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If you require a fast and reliable international delivery service for a letter or small packet, then Express Post International is the service for you. Express Post International offers you fast and reliable delivery times with internet tracking and confirmation of delivery to 15 destinations internationally.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Sending+Mail/Sending+Mail.htm

You can search for more detailed information on that link, the above quote is a direct paste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

There is no guaranteed delivery time for international express mail. If you really need to have stuff in california for a particular day, send it by courier. You could send it with An Post's courier, probably as cheap as any. Will cost you around 30 euros. Pricey, but if it's important, it's what you have to do.

There is no meaningful tracking for express post items outside ireland in my experience. I don't know much about the an post courier tracking.

An Post once accepted a registered letter from me for delivery to Scotland. It was not delivered after three weeks. It eventually transpired that no Irish registered mail to England had been delivered during that time or for some weeks previous. They said that this was because of a Royal Mail problem, and in fairness, I am inclined to believe them. However, I asked why An Post had accepted mail for an address it could not deliver to, but they could offer no explanation. I complained to ComReg and eventually somebody decided that the delivery of registered mail to our nearest neighbour might be a matter of significance.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Business+Customers/Sending+Mail/Speed/Courier+Post.htm

Advertisement