Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 ford focus key problem

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

hi guys,
    i am having hassle with the key fob for my car, it will unlock the car and boot no problem, but it will not lock the car proplery, i have brought it to the main dealer which was advised to me by a mechanic , and they want €82 to fix it.

is there anywhere that might do it cheaper as €82 is a lot of money just to get a key fixed, they tried to reprogramme it and that did not work so he said they will have to issue a new key and take something from the inside of my old one and insert it into the new one,
    some of ye guys might understand what im on about cuz i dont !!!

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I was told there is a company near the red cow that do keys for all makes, they programme them and what not. Will try and get the details - price was in the order of €40 ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Guvnor wrote: »
    I was told there is a company near the red cow that do keys for all makes, they programme them and what not. Will try and get the details - price was in the order of €40 ish.

cheers man, i would really appreciate it, thats half the price i was quoted !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

€82 isn't bad for fixing a keyfob to be honest.

Advertisement