Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lumpy tattoo....HELP!

Options
  • 19-11-2008 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

hiyas,
    i was wonderin if anyone else's tattoos have ever gone bumpy, mine look like the ink is bubbling up to the surface, not actually coming out of the skin, but it just wont go down, and it is starting to worry me, i wouldnt mind so much if they were new/fresh tattoos, but some of them are nearly 10 years old, and they are all doing the same bumpy thing, so i dont think it is an allergy to the clothes i am wearing, and i always use the same washy stuff. so i was wonderin if anyone had the same experience and what made it go away. also my partner said it might have something to do with breastfeeding as he thinks our daughter might be getting alot of the nutrients that maybe my skin needs when she is feeding, has anyone else out there had their tattoos go lumpy when they were breast feeding? i am getting quite worried about it cos i dont want my tattoos to be ruined and my skin is usually real clear. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd say to ask your doctor tbh, and maybe a tattoo artist too (in person)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

I'd say to ask your doctor tbh, and maybe a tattoo artist too (in person)

good idea, was just wondering if it had ever happened to anyone else. it is freaking me out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

happens me alot.
    one day they could be fine next theyre raised.ive no idea what it is either but it doesnt bother me.i also find its more so the outlines than the filling in.
    i thought it might have been something to do with weather

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

pixiestix wrote: »
    good idea, was just wondering if it had ever happened to anyone else. it is freaking me out :(

happens to me, just on two places doh..... the inside of my arm and a small patch on my side!!!!

Dont think its anything to be worried about (hopefully) :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pixiestix

thanks for the help guys, i looked at the link chin_grin posted and it says heat can cause it, and i have had the house pretty warm cos of the new baby, so i reckon that's it.

i am off to spend a few days in the freezer to try look less lumpy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

A lot of the old inks were lead-based and after time they can become raised with extreme weather changes and things like that. It's possible to get some of the ink taken out using citric acid but it's quite sore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

all my tattoos are somewhat raised, and occasionally become bumpy and itchy. I think people don't really allows for the idea that people's skin varies hugely in healing and reacting to inks.

you could be just like that. I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 star32

i have a band on my arm nearly 16 years and half of it has gone bumpy. Dont know exactly when i first noticed. I have keloid skin (unknown to me at the time of tattoo) which when i scar it becomes a bump instead of staying flat. So i presumed this is why some of my tattoo went bumpy. In saying that i did breastfeed 2 years after tattoo so maybe that had something to do with is. Its only really noticable to me so not that bothered. I do notice when i am dehydrated (especially after night of drinking) my tattoo is definitely more bumpy. Would get professional advice if you not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Ive tattoo on my wrist, which i got done 4 years ago now at this stage and its kinda bumpy.. altho maybe bumpy isnt the right word but if i run my fingers over it i can feel it.. kinda like the outline is raised on it.
    i wouldnt worry about it, but if youd feel better talk to your tattoo artist about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement