Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swf to (avi or mpe or anything else)

• 19-11-2008 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,
    Im just looking for a reliable converter to convert a couple of swf files to something i can up load to youtube.

i have done a google search & tried a few trials versions/freebies but most of them are rubbish and dont work properly, leave watermarks etc.

Just wondering if anyone has come accross this before, found an easy solution!

cheers

ddools
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I think I'm gonna put a link to this in my signature I recommend it so often!

SUPER

I think Quick Media Converter will do it too.

Both are free.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

Thanks for the reply

the file in question are .swf file but theyre recorded scren movments from adobe captivate,, for some reason i have a feeling that this is messing things up as no converter(recommended included) i have tried can read these files.

Plan B:

gonna find a video desktop recorder and just try and record the swf's as avi's,
    hopefully works :)

cheers again for your help though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

you could try this

Otherwise get Camstudio for the screen grab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

flash professional allows you to export a variety of different video types

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

The thing is ive create these files using captivate which produces .cp files, which flash pro wont open.
    captivate does allow me to export as swf, but then im back to square on with how to convert these..
    its really wierd, all of the converters/recorders are treating the swf files as corrupt or unreadable(presumably because of the starts stops etc i applied using captivate!)

close to giving up on this to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

so does the file even play? anywhere?

Advertisement