Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laziest/quickest/cheapest dinner recipes?

• 19-11-2008 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

What's the thing you make when your just not arsed to be cooking and have feck all money to buy stuff? For me its a sausage pasta bake. I'm not claiming it has any nutritional value, but its cheap and does a few days, and if your budget stretches to some mozerella is quite nice.
    Anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭MzFusspot

Chickpea and Chorizo stew, I always have the basics for it around (tin of toms, chickpeas, stock cube, onion, smoked paprika) so it's just a case of buying Chorizo. For about €6 it can feed me for a few days and can be bulked out with rice, teeny tiny pasta bows and the like if I need to stretch it.

Failing that I can live off scrambled eggs and toast for quite a while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

MzFusspot wrote: »
    Chickpea and Chorizo stew, I always have the basics for it around (tin of toms, chickpeas, stock cube, onion, smoked paprika) so it's just a case of buying Chorizo. For about €6 it can feed me for a few days and can be bulked out with rice, teeny tiny pasta bows and the like if I need to stretch it.

Failing that I can live off scrambled eggs and toast for quite a while :)

Chicken Curry. Diced chicken from the butchers (or chicken steaks from SQ - 8 for a little over €5), mushrooms from Lidl (cheapest I've found so far), peas, curry powder and some jasemine rice. Bish-bash-bosh 20 mins and you're done. I've even found that if you get the packets of medium curry sauce from the likes of Knorr and mix it with a bit of hot curry powder you can come up with a very nice curry sauce. Very handy, not too bad for you and very tasty.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Penne and mozzerella bake. Whizz tin of tomatoes, add clove of garlic, few leaves of basil. Cook penne, add cooked tomato stock, more basil, mozzerella and some grated parmaesan. Bake until golden.

Linguine with tuna and a lemon, parsley dressing. Cook the pasta and add the contents of a tin of tuna. Add pepper and a handful of chopped parsley. Squeeze the juice from a lemon and add to the same volume of olive oil. Stir, shake and generally bother the mixture until it is an emulsion. Pour over hot pasta.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

This is terrible and very lasy compared to all yers...btu last night I was starving when i get home. I live witha student - this is important. All I had was Whiskas (no - its the cats), Bricardi and a packet of Sechauan Sauce from Blue Dragon.

I dont really use tinned stuff and I hate Bricardi - was a leftover from a party - so dont really go near one of the cupboards as thats where we keep it - well, it was the stuff my last housemate left.

Anyway, there wre spaghetti hoops and chilli beans - bothinto a pot, pasta and bingo. Some sort of beany, tomatoy pasty concoction.

But was delcious! (Or hunger is good sauce)

Gotta love students!

Advertisement