Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Three Blacked out Range Rover HSE's

Options
  • 19-11-2008 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

Yesterday as I was on my way to Belfast I was overtaken by three jet black RR HSE's:

1st one was four up and had a BEZ reg
    2nd one was one up and had a DEZ reg
    3rd one was one up and had a FEZ reg

Now what impressed me was the third RR was straddling two lanes to block anyone coming up along side. They were tipping along at 85-90 on a 60 road so keeping them in view meant I made good time!:D

Obviously it was some VIP or similar but never seen it before and did not know the UK Government use RR as official cars.

Just wondering if anyone who uses the A1 has ever been overtaken by three jet black RR?

It made a bog standard run a touch more interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You should of chased them, flashing your lights and saw what happened.

Sounds like a sight alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Shinners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

You should of chased them, flashing your lights and saw what happened.

Sounds like a sight alright.

:D
    I briefly thought of overtaking them but thought better not! Funny to see other cars get in their way by accident - never seen a micra move so fast!:D

The sight of the three of them and the way they were been driven had a certain 'fcuk off' attitude that the other road user's seemed to respect!

Wertz wrote: »
    Shinners.

Seriously or winding me up?:confused:

Well I'm from Dundalk and have a mate who lives in a fairly republican area...over the years Mr Adams and co would come to visit someone who lived in the area and this was their vehicle of choice.
    Of course I can't say for certain that this was them, I'm only saying that they have used RRs in the past with the whole tintted window/black colour scheme going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Armoured as well no doubt! live by the sword... and all that!

Nothing repulses me more than the though of that shower driving on a road in this country like they own it! :mad:

...as opposed to the other shower merely marching up and down roads as if they own them eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

That was me ye saw OP, I was going to the bank to buy BOI shares!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

...as opposed to the other shower merely marching up and down roads as if they own them eh? ;)

who fianna fail? :D

Darragh29 wrote: »
    That was me ye saw OP, I was going to the bank to buy BOI shares!

:D:D:D

Good man - do you own it now!? :D

• Advertisement

Well I'm from Dundalk and have a mate who lives in a fairly republican area...over the years Mr Adams and co would come to visit someone who lived in the area and this was their vehicle of choice.
    Of course I can't say for certain that this was them, I'm only saying that they have used RRs in the past with the whole tintted window/black colour scheme going on.

Cheers Wertz - makes sense to me mate. I would imagine if official government vehicles they'd all be the same year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭melbourne

"Good man - do you own it now!?" biggrin.gif

Sure with £26.5m pounds in your back pocket why wouldn't you

Advertisement