Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adding a backlit keyboard??

• 19-11-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I seen this tutorial for Eee Pc's;

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2008-05/eee-pc-school-add-keyboard-backlight-under-15

It's not a bad job, apart from the battery pack on the case of the laptop!

How hard would it to be to install a similar lighting technique with the light taking power from the battery? (On a standard 15.4" laptop)

Has it been done? Also would it take much battery power?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

If you actually looked at the article you would see that the guy attached the battery pack to the back of the screen....

Very messy job imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

you could even run leds to a usb port to get power, and it wouldnt drain the battery to hard either !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Manties wrote: »
    you could even run leds to a usb port to get power, and it wouldnt drain the battery to hard either !

Yeah but I'm sure with a bit of work you could connect it to a power source internally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

The light off the screen on my lappy is sufficient to type happily away in the dark.
    Is this more of a bling thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

pretty much yeah, and to make it individual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement