Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QPR make the Premiership

Options
  • 19-11-2008 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm not trying to be selfish here an hog a thread to my own team but I think this might make a good place to leave your cheap signings that would go to teams with average reputations.

Basically I easily came 2nd in the championship but no where near 1st. I did ok but only 3 of my players are premiership standard - Kevin Doyle, Ramovic( I think thats how ya spell it) and Ravzan Rat. I dont know my budget but being QPR I reckon I'll get close to 10m. I need 8 new first team players though.

Doyle Ramovic

Fabio(L) Tommassi Tacchinardi Rowland

Rat Delaney Hall Carr

Camp

As you can see, not exactly a formidable force! Any suggestions would be great, do I buy 9 new players or tim cahill from a recently relegated everton for 8m and then 1 or 2 more players?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

buy tim cahill. also try and loan a few young guns from arsenal and united. some really good players in reserves and under 18s that could easily add to your team........

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Zatman

Sign Steven Hunt a good player 5 million.

You should try sign Rasmus Elm for 100k he has premier league attributes already and is 19 playing for Kalmar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

There's always bargains/feeebie's out there.

Players looking for first team football i.e. Makelele as a decent DM

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Cheers guys Elm looks like a great player but im completely out of money - they only gave me 7.5m. Cahill chose Chelsea over me, surprisingly enough but I did pick up Makelele. Now my team is like this:

Doyle

Wiltord Baxter

Munteanu R. Snejder

Makelele

Rat Kisgaard Ramsey S.Kelly

Foster

Anyone else gotten promoted recently? If ya have check out Kisgaard(Danish) is a rock at the back for around 3.5m after 1 season. Also Rodney Snejdner is excellent (Wesley's bro)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

FM2009 I presume ?

• Advertisement

Sorry I always do that... its stadaard or stadgarrd not kisgaard. Sorry Im in work and I never remeber the spellings! I ended up with 1 point for 8 games so I called it a day with QPR!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Real FM wrote: »
    Sorry I always do that... its stadaard or stadgarrd not kisgaard. Sorry Im in work and I never remeber the spellings! I ended up with 1 point for 8 games so I called it a day with QPR!

What! Don't be giving up. I'm having a disaster season myself but damn it i'll keep going til i'm fired or turn things around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

With the new chairmen whats the budget like for QPR? Do they have high expectations?

They're not really genereous but they're ok. If you say you can get promoted they'll give ya 12.5m and they dont really expect you to. Mind you your definately need to shake up the squad a bit.

When I got promoted and said I would avoid relegation they only gave me 7.5million which was crap I made the club a fortune by getting them promoted so they're not exactly sugardaddys but they certainly give you enough to get out of the championship.

Advertisement