Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online car auction

Options
  • 19-11-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

www.patkeogh.com is having a on-line auction of BMW's and mini's.
    He's promising up to 50% off ( Mind you the reserve seems a bit high).
    Knock yourselves out in a orgy of mouse clicking to get the car you deserve.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looks bogus to me. He already has several bids just a bit under the asking price. Yeah right :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Ya there seems to be a bid on the M3 he's had since the start of the year, alot of his prices seems to be fairly closes to the retail, and i don't see any 50% off lol...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Some of his reserve prices look a touch on the hopeful side for an auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

LOL. They must think people are fools.

I reckon the bank who paid for his very posh BMW showroom might be looking for their money about now.

bazz26 wrote: »
    LOL. They must think people are fools.

But we're not fools, it's a car auction, and they are definitly 50% off and the cheapest prices in Ireland.

Haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

they really must take us as absolute tools......his reserve prices are a joke and way way above of what you'd pay in this day and age walking into a dealer with a wad of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

one car have the latest bid the same as the buy it now price,why would you do that?

fm wrote: »
    one car have the latest bid the same as the buy it now price,why would you do that?

I'm guessing someone bid on it, and a certain person bid on it to up the anti lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

there seems to be no comeback if you bid,if you put in a bogus bid what are they going to do?you can just make up any name it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

Nice idea in theory, stinks to high heaven...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sent them a message via the contact us section of the website telling them what I think of that pretend auction.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mickdw wrote: »
    Sent them a message via the contact us section of the website telling them what I think of that pretend auction.

Is it suitable to publish your message here too? :D

And the reply you won't get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The horrendous 2 tone grey view when you click the "browse our stock" button is enough to hurt my eyes and make me close the tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 symco

looked at some of the prices and compared to carzone - don't look to bad. i'm looking getting car from the uk & they seem to be about that price. havn't made a bid though - i'll wait & see. Wonder if any one will be there at at 23.59 monday nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 symco

looks as if its working - they reckon they have 6 sold!!

Advertisement