Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights Friendlies

• 19-11-2008 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

A heap of meaningless friendlies tonight.

In an early kick off Serbia lead Bulgaria 4-1.....let's hope their slide into oblivion continues.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

As you said, "meaningless friendlies".

If Ireland get thumped tonight will Bulgarian fans be rubbing their hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

6-1 now...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Argentina game is far from meaningless, it's Maradonna's first opportunity to prove he can cut it as the manager of the most talented squad in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

No matter how meaningless a friendly you shouldn't lose 6-1 in fairness.

Where Berbatov and co. playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,678 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Good question, no idea, doubt it. Does anyone have a link to a site that gives you the line-ups of tonights matches?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

eZe^ wrote: »
    Argentina game is far from meaningless, it's Maradonna's first opportunity to prove he can cut it as the manager of the most talented squad in the world.

Very true. Really interested in seeing how he lines up his team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Berbs was subbed after 30mins, wasn't arsed.

RasTa wrote: »
    Berbs was subbed after 30mins, wasn't arsed.

Is he ever though?

No Messi or Aguero :(

I can understand why, but I love to watch them both play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Is he ever though?

Who knows, he seems to score a lot of goals and get a good few assists for someone who isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Some words from Trap before the game tonight... talking about why Andy Reid isn't playing, and RE Stephen Ireland, "one man doesn't make a national team"

RasTa wrote: »
    Who knows, he seems to score a lot of goals and get a good few assists for someone who isn't.

He does scores lots of goals but I think he believes too much in his own hype.

roryc wrote: »
    Some words from Trap before the game tonight... talking about why Andy Reid isn't playing, and RE Stephen Ireland, "one man doesn't make a national team"

He could make it a hell of a lot better though.
    Hopefully Dunne starting will give him a confidence boost after the past few weeks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

2 mins it took for ITV to mention the 5-1

apparantly germanys "most painful defeat"
    would have thought the 02 world cup final maybe or something ACTUALLY important. f**kin hate ITV, they are so so so so so so so much worse then BBC, RTE, Sky & setanta. worst channel on the planet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jazzy wrote: »

That was a great match, watched that in London, what an atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Delija-sever will be happy anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Delija-sever will be happy anyway

Are Serbia winning?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Flicking between Scotland-Argentina and Ireland-Poland and caught the Argentina goal.

Very nice work from Tevez and Jonas.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

An Citeog wrote: »
    Are Serbia winning?:confused:
    Read posts 1 and 3...

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

What a scrappy goal for England. What was the keeper doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

redout wrote: »
    What a scrappy goal for England. What was the keeper doing.

Terrible goalkeeping, but a goal is a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Worse goalkeeping for German goal, what was Carson thinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

what was Carson thinking?

Probably the same as Terry ie nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Gotta say loving the way England are playing. So much more attractive with the likes of Agbonlahor, Downing and SWP playing ahead of Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard and Beckham. Apart from the biased commentary great match to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Any streams for the spain v chile game? Or even a team listing?

We lose (most likely) and Fabianski doesn't even get the confidence boost of a clean sheet... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Germany 1-2 England

The England b team played very well tonight keeping up the record of beating germany on home soil .Some of the regulars will be looking over their shoulders and England football looking healthier .Terrible howler between Terry / Carson .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

apparantly germanys "most painful defeat"
    would have thought the 02 world cup final maybe or something ACTUALLY important. f**kin hate ITV, they are so so so so so so so much worse then BBC, RTE, Sky & setanta. worst channel on the planet

If Ireland beat any respectable team 5-1, let alone the old enemy, I would guarantee you that it would be mentioned all the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Tevez was quite rubbish in that game tbh, he worked hard and as much as I like the guy, he should be behind Aguero, Messi and Milito. The Argentine team really lacked a finisher. Gago and Mascherano were excellent though.

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by Jazzy
    Tis the English way ,specially against germany .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

eZe^ wrote: »
    Tevez was quite rubbish in that game tbh, he worked hard and as much as I like the guy, he should be behind Aguero, Messi and Milito. The Argentine team really lacked a finisher. Gago and Mascherano were excellent though.

must admit i didnt see alot of it but the parts i saw when he got near it he looked very good?

what was he doing wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭dogpile

Kris Commons playing for the Jocks tonight..about as Scottish as MaGeedy and McCartey are Irish!

it's all gone quiet over there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

exactly, imagine we beat England 5-1 in England?! Christ we'd never shut up about it and, lets be honest, probably make the day a national holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

bulgaria lost 6-1 to serbia!! and serbia missed 2 penalties! at least thats a plus for us tonight!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    exactly, imagine we beat England 5-1 in England?! Christ we'd never shut up about it and, lets be honest, probably make the day a national holiday.
    I remember the 1-1 draw against England when Nial quinn scored and only for a ray houghton miss we might have won 2-1 .
    Also remember the game at wembly were a late Liam brady goal earned us a 1-1 draw .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

bulgaria lost 6-1 to serbia!! and serbia missed 2 penalties! at least thats a plus for us tonight!
    Savo Milosevic (remember him?!) missed one of them. He scored twice in the game though in his farewell appearance for his country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Spain 3 - 0 Chile

Villa 36’
    Torres 66’
    Cazorla 85’

Mike

mike65 wrote: »
    Spain 3 - 0 Chile

Villa 36’
    Torres 66’
    Cazorla 85’

Mike

He's a player I really like. Someone who will be a big part of Spain's future success imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Cazorla goal was a wicked deflection. Torres goal was class. Penalty by Villa was debatable. Not the best of games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i actually liked england tonight. their team showed some real shape and structure to it. they had the right player in each position (maybe except up front where they had 2 pacy strikers) but maybe with not as much class as they need.
    the fact that:
    rio
    cashley
    lampard
    gerrard
    joe cole
    rooney
    walcott

werent there and they would expect to start any game means that there definitely will be some difficulties trying get the squad to gel how capello would like.

• Advertisement

i actually liked england tonight. their team showed some real shape and structure to it. they had the right player in each position (maybe except up front where they had 2 pacy strikers) but maybe with not as much class as they need.
    the fact that:
    rio
    cashley
    lampard
    gerrard
    joe cole
    rooney
    walcott

werent there and they would expect to start any game means that there definitely will be some difficulties trying get the squad to gel how capello would like.
    But on that dispaly tonight each man knew he had to up his game and knock the cynics ie, say country comes second to club debate .It's an intresting situation for the manager to be in and it gives him more options in every dept .He has being getting the best out of his squad that's for sure .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not a friendly but Australia beat Bahrain 1-0 away from home in a World Cup qualifier. Mark Bresciano with the last minute winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not a friendly but Australia beat Bahrain 1-0 away from home in a World Cup qualifier. Mark Bresciano with the last minute winner.

Whats the gig with Oz qualifying for the WC- are they lumped in with all the Middle Eastern teams ?

All the Asian teams yeah. They have to go through two group stages and then some playoffs I think.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mike65 wrote: »
    Spain 3 - 0 Chile

Villa 36’
    Torres 66’

Cazorla 85’

Mike

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1780971/

Assisted by Xavi :cool:

:eek: Fook me, check out Elano's effort tonight -

http://tldorc.blogspot.com/2008/11/elano-miracle-goal.html

Xavi6 wrote: »
    All the Asian teams yeah. They have to go through two group stages and then some playoffs I think.

Same as Central and North America, they have two shorter group stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Ok i know i am late with this comment but i was away lately.

TBH i expected this Serbia-Bulgaria game to be serious and to see where both teams are at the moment.But than our football association decided to make revue out of this game.

Savo Milosevic decided to say goodbye officially from national team although he is not playing for it for 2 years already.

He made record by number of games one player played for national team ever so they choosed this game to be his last officially.

It was a bit boring coz you know all how it goes,awards,taking photos,all the players played the game with his name and number on their jerseys,so coach dedcided to rest some players and to start this game with combine squad.Thats why i expected this is going to be boring game,least from Serbia coz it looked like they gonna joke and try some atractions or make fun of the game...

But it seems bulgaria expected something like that so they were more relaxed and in revue mood than our guys haha

I dont know what happened,but all in all,we won 6-1

Bulgaria scored after free kick,ex Red Star played Blagoj Georgiev scored

We scored 6 times,Savo missed 2 penalties but still scored twice later,3 posts and a lot of missed chances

All in all i never saw in my life that Serbia is so superior against some team,those were also comments on our tv,Bulgaria looked like some amateur team,i dont get were they thinking this is really going to be revue game without anything serious or what? They couldnt even make proper attack on our goal for 90mins,completely shame...And i must say our team is looking more and more fantastic with every next game,i am very satisfied so far

Anyway bulgarians are in deep sh!t now,coach is going to resign and Berba's manager said he is in fight with fans and decided not to play for the team anymore.

I dont know is it good to take this game and this result completely serious and reliable,but Bulgaria is so poor at the moment that if Ireland cant beat it doesnt deserve to even think about World Cup,for now,i expect Ireland to win and everything else than victory is disaster

Advertisement