Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo Restoration

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help me restore the bottom right hand corner of this photo. I've done loads of restorations with Serif 6 and just got CS4 today and have no idea how to resore the badly faded area. Perhaps the are is too badly faded, either way it'd be great if someone with superior skills could have a look, cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

xmac1x wrote: »
    Hi guys I was wondering if anyone could help me restore the bottom right hand corner of this photo. I've done loads of restorations with Serif 6 and just got CS4 today and have no idea how to resore the badly faded area. Perhaps the are is too badly faded, either way it'd be great if someone with superior skills could have a look, cheers

Not perfect, just a quick go but gives you an idea what could be done with full care and attention...

image01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 xmac1x

thanks man, thats a great start, how exactly did you do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

A quick wave of the magic wand :)

No, seriously, careful application of the dodge and burn tools on a duplicate layer with a very soft brush.The tricky part is getting the edges to blend - a little opacity adjustment helps with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sharkemon

the image is pretty badly damaged but did this with some Quickmasks, changed contrast and added gradients. also used the patch tool to get rid of some blemishes etc.

scan0002byp6.jpg
    By sharkemon at 2008-11-22

• Registered Users Posts: 43 xmac1x

well now that I know what to do thanks to you guys I've gotten this far and the photo is almost ready to print( the text on the bottom is actually the wedding couples hand writing labelling the photo!)

where can I really go from here?

Thanks a bunch

• Advertisement
Advertisement