Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good book that will explain just what the hell....

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

....is going on with Israel and the west bank and palestine etc...

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭hatful

I'm not specifically sure but if you search for authors like Edward W. Said and Noam Chomsky on amazon (who may be useful), they wrote about the Israel Palestine problem, the 'customers who bought this item also bought' section has some interesting choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭KevinH

Chomsky wouldn't be a good choice if you just want to read one book on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

You may not want to read all of it but you could do worse than look at the great war for civilisation by robert fisk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Pity the Nation by Robert Fisk. All you need really. People will try to tell you he is Palestine biased /anti Israel -USA but he's the best writer I've ever read on this subject and war reporter in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Six days by Jeremy Bowen. It gave me a good overview of what the conflict is about, especially focusing on the 6 day war in 1967. Some reviewers on amazon critisize it for leaning towards the isreali side. I didn't really see this myself. I thought it gave a good overview from both sides from my limited knowledge on the subject.

• Advertisement
Advertisement