Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG4A

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

What's the story in LG4a - I see students in there working in the dark! The lights either don't work or the switch is in some odd location. This must be some sort of breach of health and safety regulations right!?

I've emailed itsupport/facilities in the past, not that it does any good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,009 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If "LG4a" is in the Arts building, then I must ask: did you see the recent Tribune headline? The "work" going on there might not be all it's, um, cracked up to be... :confused:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

bnt wrote: »
    If "LG4a" is in the Arts building, then I must ask: did you see the recent Tribune headline? The "work" going on there might not be all it's, um, cracked up to be... :confused:

Whats this?

Whats this?
    The Arts basement is a Cruising hot spot, apparently - so when I hear about stuff going on in a "Lower Ground" room in the dark, it's a natural next question to ask... see the paper if you don't believe me.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

The Arts basement is a Cruising hot spot, apparently - so when I hear about stuff going on in a "Lower Ground" room in the dark, it's a natural next question to ask... see the paper if you don't believe me.

Do you believe everything you read in the paper? Especially the Tribune?

Grimes wrote: »
    Do you believe everything you read in the paper? Especially the Tribune?
    No. Do you disbelieve everything you read? Didn't you see the "apparently" I wrote? Maybe I need to use more smilies. :cool:

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Grimes wrote: »
    You read the tribune?

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Ah i see. There was a similar article about this last year but it was different locations. Must have ran out of ideas for a headline

fyp
    fyp? Well, at least I actually addressed the original question.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

fyp? Well, at least I actually addressed the original question.
    for a moment i thought i saw 'fap' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No. Do you disbelieve everything you read? Didn't you see the "apparently" I wrote? Maybe I need to use more smilies. :cool:

No not everything, just what most people are realising has a growing propensity for fantasy but on topic the bulb is probably blown in the light. Im sure it'll be sorted eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

LG4A is the little computer room yeah? IT Services don't have anything to do with the lights, report it to the Arts services desk.

Off Topic: The whole Trib article had an uncomfortable whiff of moral outrage. If it was hetero couples going at it in cubicles would it be considered such a big deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭carveone

Tayto2000 wrote: »
    LG4A is the little computer room yeah? IT Services don't have anything to do with the lights, report it to the Arts services desk.

Will do, thanks. Not that I'm ever in there but it struck me as mad that people would sit in the dark and not say anything. Hum..
    Off Topic: The whole Trib article had an uncomfortable whiff of moral outrage. If it was hetero couples going at it in cubicles would it be considered such a big deal?

Only if there was footage on youtube? It's odd though, you can barely get one person in any toilet cubicle, 2 would be a bit, um, cramped. Maybe that's the point...

Advertisement