Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Running out of options

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm living in rental accommodation near St. James Hospital in Dublin and am having serious problems getting broadband for my apartment. I'm on the ground floor of a block which is 5 o6 stories high. We are not allowed to install a phone line so thats the DSL possibilites gone.So far I have been rebuffed in my attempts by a number of providers:

Digiweb Metro service - technician said the line of sight test would fail and so couldn't install their service.

NTL: we have NTL digital service but broadband is not available on our street (thats a strange one!!)

Irish Broadband Breeze service: they won't install their aerial on rented accommodation blocks over 2 stories

Vodafone usb mobile broadband: couldn't get any signal in the apartment for this and duly returned the modem the following day

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what i can do? I'm really getting fed with the situation! iT is dublin city after all!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Get a phone line installed, a new line ( none there before) is free right now so tell the landlord to get the finger out and install it then transfer it to you straight away . It will cost him nothing .
    eircom Residential PSTN Standard Connection Promotion

Promotional Period : 29th October 2008 to 28th January 2009

1. The offer applies to Residential Standard PSTN Connection and Residential Standard PSTN Removal Orders received during the promotional
    period.

A maximum of one order per account may avail of the promotional offer.
    Standard Connection Exchange line

Nobody can deny you that right and if the landlord says anything tell him you will report him to the PRTB .

Advertisement