Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheapest supplements??

Options
  • 19-11-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

HOw do guys,

Running very low on cash these days, cant afford to be forking out the usual 60 quid a tub for protein any more, any body got any ideas as to where the cheapest supplements can be bought, online or elsewhere??

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Nutrition X have been good in my experience... check out www.pronutrition.ie as well, they may have some special offers that suit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

Supplement Factory is Nutrition X's budget offering. It's pure rubbish but cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

forbesii wrote: »
    Supplement Factory is Nutrition X's budget offering. It's pure rubbish but cheap.

If its pure rubbish it doesnt matter if its cheap,and its NOT cheap compared with www.bulkpowders.co.uk its 80 quid for 22lbs of whey.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

If money's that tight, just buy food?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hanley wrote: »

One of the reasons I use whey is that it's cheap as chips as a source of protein. It's lower down the list of priorities as a reason for using it alright, but I did the paleo thing for a while and found meat very hard on the wallet.

OP: Bulkpowders.co.uk or myprotein.co.uk do very cheap unflavoured whey (around £35 for 5KG). Cheap sources of protein in the supermarket (lidls is great for this stuff): Tinned tuna or cottage cheese. Also check your local butchers for cheap chicken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hanley wrote: »

Like food ever got anyone anywhere Hanley. I mean no one was really big or strong until 2002 when powdered protein started appearing in Argos.
    forbesii wrote: »

I assume you've studied the amino profile of the product in making that comment or is this another "the strawberry is a little bitter for my taste" thread.

OP I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and presume you're eating loads so I can recommend the supplement factory stuff, I use it if I'm running between meetings or don't have time to sit and eat.
    1. It's cheap
    2. It has a good amino acid profile (I'm told)
    3. Who cares, it's just a supplement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

kevpants wrote: »

I assume you've studied the amino profile of the product in making that comment or is this another "the strawberry is a little bitter for my taste" thread.

Yeah I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Any one know the delivery price from the supplement factory? Also, has anybody tries that Nectar stuff??

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Delivery is 8.50 if its the protein that your after i would recomend you pay the little extra and purchase on pronutrition.ie and get yourself a 4lb tub of pro x which is only 40 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Yeh suppose makes sense. Any one on the Nectar, any good, taste nice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Hi,
    just found this site today, looks good, besides the chessey video, but the prices are right .
    4lb tub of prox is E33.99
    5lb tub of Matrix is E40.99

http://www.fitnesssupplementsvitamins.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Thats a good find aye the nutrition x prices are great 44 euro for 6lb big whey

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wood

Nectar is the dogs dangly bits, it's probably the nicest tasting protein out there. Decent amount of protein per serving too, it's like drinking fruit juice.

Only drawback is the price, but it is an isolate so it's expected.

The supplement factory stuff does taste like liquid a$$ though, proceed with caution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

last two times I've got whey are

a) NutritionX (bought two - chocolate and berry burst)
    b) The supplement factory

The nutrition X stuff tasted gack - worst whey protein i've ever tasted. The other guy in the office got the same stuff and felt the same.

The supplement factory stuff is nice enough to taste.

Both appear to have similar protein contents so I'd go for the tastier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

i find www.universalnutrition.ie great, just got another order from them this week... fast reply to questions and speedy delivery... min spend of 50 euro but you get free shipping and a free shaker thrown in too..

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Universal Nutrition supplies all my supplements... good service, low prices and good advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭quirkster

universalnutrition.ie is the cheapest in ireland as far as i know, free delivery, and savage value compared to other irish supplement stores....

Advertisement