Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Not the most helpful bunch on this thread?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Not the most helpful bunch on this thread?

If you read back a bit on the thread you would find plenty of suggestions!

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Can anyone suggest a good restaurant in killarney for a weekday lunch and when I say good I don't mean cheap and cheerful I mean more restaurant quality than cafe.

I find "Wholesome Fayre" on East Avenue Road is excellent. They can be a little slow serving but the food is excellent and different from the usual lunch offerings. They also do one or two great vegetarian options most days. They dont open in the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 badkittybad

The Royal Hotel lunch menu excellent value and quality. Quick service also. Opposite the courthouse so busy on court days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Wholesome Fayre is really, really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

The Malton do a very good bar menu from 12.30-9 daily. Everything from afternoon tea to steak on the menu

The Royal Hotel lunch menu excellent value and quality. Quick service also. Opposite the courthouse so busy on court days.

Went to the Royal for lunch on Easter Sunday, it was only very average.

We want best quality dining up to €50 per head is reasonable for lunch. Not including wine of course.

We want best quality dining up to €50 per head is reasonable for lunch. Not including wine of course.

The Europe, Aghadoe Heights, Kileen House, Treyvauds, Gabys, Robertinos, The Ross.

The Park does fine dining lunch €35-50 per head. Expensive and slow but good quality.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention Lord Kenmares and The Flesk.

Whats Lord Kenmares like for lunch?

The Flesk has undergone a long overdue makeover (they got rid of the seventies style carpet!) but is it open for lunch?

Gaby's is a disapointing tourist trap in my opinion.

Many thanks for all your suggestions, also, is there anywhere in killarney that sells bollinger champagne? Not interested in Moët as it tastes of wee, or even the widow (veuve cliquot)

Whats Lord Kenmares like for lunch?

The Flesk has undergone a long overdue makeover (they got rid of the seventies style carpet!) but is it open for lunch?

Gaby's is a disapointing tourist trap in my opinion.

I've never eaten in any of them but have heard great reviews for Lord Kenmares and The Flesk. The Flesk really has a very extensive menu so bound to find something for everyone.

Gaby's is the ultimate tourist trap but falls into the €50pp category which monkeynuz was looking for.

As for Bollinger, I would expect The Europe, Aghadoe Heights and Killarney Park to have it seeing how they are 5* but I can't recommend the Killarney Park for food. Extremely average with shocking service

Does Lord Kenmares, Flesk etc actually do lunch??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Lads quick, got a free night in town, best place to watch the football tonight?

Many thanks for your help everyone.

Does Lord Kenmares, Flesk etc actually do lunch??

Sorry Rev, thought I acknowledged you in my last post. Not sure about lunch, they were the first expensive places that came to mind and are out of my price range :pac:

tinner777 wrote: »
    Lads quick, got a free night in town, best place to watch the football tonight?

The Laune, always a huge crowd for the CL Final and 2 big screens

dobman88 wrote: »
    Sorry Rev, thought I acknowledged you in my last post. Not sure about lunch, they were the first expensive places that came to mind and are out of my price range :pac:
    No worries, I dont think they do lunch though. Killarney really does have a vibrant restaruant culture to rival the cities and its nearest rival Kinsale.

• Advertisement

No worries, I dont think they do lunch though. Killarney really does have a vibrant restaruant culture to rival the cities and its nearest rival Kinsale.

Yep, I am just finished in Robertinos myself before the Christy Moore gig in the Glen. Spaghetti alla Pescatora with a bottle of Prosecco. Gorgeous stuff and worth every penny :)

So much choice in Killarney for evenings anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yep, I am just finished in Robertinos myself before the Christy Moore gig in the Glen.
    What you make of Christy? Never been to a concert before that went on for 2 and a half hours! No Ride On was kinda surprising though

siblers wrote: »
    What you make of Christy? Never been to a concert before that went on for 2 and a half hours! No Ride On was kinda surprising though

Ah I love the man, that's my fourth time seeing him. There was a couple of his popular songs missing but I was happy to hear Natives and Joxer. 2 and a half hours, I didn't even notice it going

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

As for Bollinger, I would expect The Europe, Aghadoe Heights and Killarney Park to have it seeing how they are 5* but I can't recommend the Killarney Park for food. Extremely average with shocking service
    The Park does fine dining lunch €35-50 per head. Expensive and slow but good quality.

Have to disagree with those comments, my wife, daughter and I always go to the Killarney Park for our date day lunch or dinner so we are in there once a week or maybe 3 times a month. Staff are always friendly and the food is freshly prepared (which does take longer).
    Lastly it is a 5 star hotel in Killarney town centre so its not going to be cheap. We had lunch in Eddie rockets last weekend and it was only 7 or 8 euro cheaper and nowhere near as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Damo78

Heading down to Killarney this weekend,what are the best pubs to go too?

Damo78 wrote: »
    Heading down to Killarney this weekend,what are the best pubs to go too?

Bank holiday weekend, every pub will be good. Just take a wander round and go wherever the bikers are. Always a good laugh with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Damo78

Cheers Dobman88

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Bikefest held in the grounds of the glen eagle hotel.. Great line up of bands for the weekend and all free.
    Would recommend it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

http://www.killarneytoday.com/kim-kanye-killarney-kalling/

Don't think much of the Kim Kanye nonsense but a lot of local names name-checked in this article

• Advertisement

Whoever thought it was a good idea to have K-Fest in Killorglin the same weekend as the bike fest in Killarney must be a bit mental. Best of luck to K-Fest cos one of my friends in involved in it.

Anyway, bike fest line up looks fantastic as always. ACDC tribute, Hells Bells, in the INEC on Saturday night 10pm-late. Guns n Roses tribute in the INEC Sunday night 10pm-late. Warm up bands before both from 6pm on the outdoor stage and in the INEC. DJ after both.

http://www.irelandbikefest.com/festival-entertainment

Advertisement