Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Hitman1

Is there any bars in killarney that will be showing froch groves tomorrow night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Hitman1 wrote: »
    Is there any bars in killarney that will be showing froch groves tomorrow night?

Speakeasy I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Are there any "proper" hifi shops in killarney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

monkeynuz wrote: »
    Are there any "proper" hifi shops in killarney

No. The electrical shop next to Allegro would be the closest I think

Would they do anything more than the usual €300 systems?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You're not much for doing your own searching or research into things are you?

Good grief I just asked a question. What is the problem with that?

Doubt it. It just looks like the usual generic stuff in the window. I've never actually been in. Don't know much about hifi systems either, sorry

Thanks dobman, I only asked because I live one and a half hours away and only go to killarney once a year at most so wouldn't have a clue of any shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Anyone hear anything about a new tattoo studio opening?

• Advertisement

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about a new tattoo studio opening?

The tattoo convention is on in the glen to coincide with the bike fest if that's what you might mean??

dobman88 wrote: »
    The tattoo convention is on in the glen to coincide with the bike fest if that's what you might mean??

Someone told me yesterday that there's a new studio opening, not unless that's what they meant!

Someone told me yesterday that there's a new studio opening, not unless that's what they meant!

sounds like my idea of hell, biker fest AND tattoo parlours! although either one on their own is my idea of hell too.

sounds like my idea of hell, biker fest AND tattoo parlours! although either one on their own is my idea of hell too.

There's a great atmosphere around to be fair!

If you lived in Killarney, you would understand that the Rally is hell for the town. We look forward to the bike fest every year. Brilliant atmosphere in town and not a single bit of trouble, unlike rally weekend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

There is never an ounce of trouble with the bikers!

I find tattoos repulsive I am afraid.

I find tattoos repulsive I am afraid.

Just go down to the Gleneagle for an hour either today or tomorrow, it'll soon change your mind. The people that visit this weekend are some of the friendliest you'll meet. Don't judge a book by it's cover ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Possibly the Kube, they showed the Klitchkow Haye fight when that was on so I can't see why they wouldn't show this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Dan Lenihans bar in College St.. Advertised on Facebook.. Commencing at 7 pm..

Scotts and the tatler showing the fight

Also Jimmy briens bar showing the fight

• Registered Users Posts: 37 solataire

dobman your re right pity both k fest and bike fest clash

kfest great family day out drum dance entertained a huge crowd this afternoon real buzz around the place. but right about it clashing , didn't have enough time to see everything today and want to go to bike fest sunday
    how close to gleneagle can you park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

solataire wrote: »
    dobman your re right pity both k fest and bike fest clash

kfest great family day out drum dance entertained a huge crowd this afternoon real buzz around the place. but right about it clashing , didn't have enough time to see everything today and want to go to bike fest sunday
    how close to gleneagle can you park ?

From passing there pretty much all day it looks like they're making people park at the back of the Gleneagles hotel (back entrance) but most people are parking on the main Muckross road and jarvey path or just about anywhere a car can fit!!
    Never seen so many cars out there today as I've ever seen! Great weather for it too, tempted to go out and check out the bands playing. :)

I've been out here all day. My first time going to it. My god, what a festival! It is so much fun, I've met some great people. Great music, great craic.

Re parking. Take the first entrance for the brehon, go round to the apartments, take a right and parking is on the side of the pitch n putt course. Loads of room, no need to park on the road at all.

Re the clashing. Yeah it's a real pity. My parents were at kfest today and had a great time, they are in the INEC for bike fest now but I imagine not everyone would go to both.

Fantastic options for the weekend though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I see the quality hotel has changed its name....Hotel Killarney...? must be newly taken over, could do with a makeover on the outside!

Just go down to the Gleneagle for an hour either today or tomorrow, it'll soon change your mind. The people that visit this weekend are some of the friendliest you'll meet. Don't judge a book by it's cover ;)

I wasn't suggesting that the people are unpleasant, I just hate tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Took the kids to the playground a few wks back, i may as well have been in a playground in eastern europe, there was about 100 people there and maybe 10 irish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

There is never an ounce of trouble with the bikers!

Great buzz around the town yesterday, what a difference between that and the may weekend, it's great to see visitors who have a bit of respect for the people and the town.The only nuisances were the muppets on chicken chasers weaving in and out of traffic, mostly on the muckross road, one guy hit a camper van just near the amber petrol station, no one hurt but it'll cost him a few bob.

Advertisement