Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has The Quality Hotel Killarney closed down or been renamed?

I saw the work on that, Hotel Killarney it's known as now. Up on Park Road near the roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,529 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

groovie wrote: »
    I saw the work on that, Hotel Killarney it's known as now. Up on Park Road near the roundabout.

Has it a new website and it is open?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

ls that lingerie shop in the outlet centre still open?

:o

Had a walk through today and couldn't see it. I am male though so may have missed it :)

Also, jerseys, jackets and tracksuits as low as €10 in the nike shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

dobman88 wrote: »
    Had a walk through today and couldn't see it. I am male though so may have missed it :)

Also, jerseys, jackets and tracksuits as low as €10 in the nike shop.

walked through the outlet myself today....gone! seems a few shops have gone, pity cause its a big centre and in a good enough spot in town

walked through the outlet myself today....gone! seems a few shops have gone, pity cause its a big centre and in a good enough spot in town

Yeah the top floor may as well close and just have everything downstairs. It was built just before the economy collapsed so doomed from then on.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Is the Nike factory outlet closed? :confused:

Stinicker wrote: »
    Is the Nike factory outlet closed? :confused:

Nope. Still open. I was in the nike shop today, I posted about it above :confused:

stopanimalcruelty was talking about a lingerie shop being gone

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Is there eels in the lakes/rivers of killarney and are they safe for swimming in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

mirrors wrote: »
    Is there eels in the lakes/rivers of killarney and are they safe for swimming in?

Yes there is, they're not that big to be fair and I'd imagine they're harmless. Can't 100% guarantee they don't bite... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Where in Killarney town can one fine the best pint of Guinness ? I have tried Dan Linehans excellent pint. Anybody with any recommendations.

• Advertisement

Corkerys on High Street. Beautiful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

There's quite a few conger eels released into the wild, they could take a nasty chunk out of your leg.......

......... I may be lying

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Husseys bar in high street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Where in Killarney town can one fine the best pint of Guinness ? I have tried Dan Linehans excellent pint. Anybody with any recommendations.
    Halo Kitty wrote: »
    Husseys bar in high street.

Yip Husseys, best in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Where exactly are the best places for fishing around killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Where exactly are the best places for fishing around killarney?

Laune river is pretty good, but that's more out towards Beaufort/Killorglin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

Anyone know best prices for a skip??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Was there a Horans bar where Mcsorleys is now?

Yes, that was horans 67/68, had a peek when i was down a few weeks ago, hardly knew the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Lads can ye recommend a couple of good restaurants in killarney please?

• Advertisement

pkvader wrote: »
    Lads can ye recommend a couple of good restaurants in killarney please?

Day or Evening dining.. And what price range.. And for what occasion.. Family,. Etc

Weekend away with the wife,not bringing kids, evening dining, somewhere very good but not ludicrous either, thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

Killarney town itself is a bit of a dump though, isn't it? Kenmare is a much better town for going on holiday to. But the lakes of Killarney are top class, arguably the best scenery in the whole country.

ewinslet wrote: »
    Killarney town itself is a bit of a dump though, isn't it? Kenmare is a much better town for going on holiday to. But the lakes of Killarney are top class, arguably the best scenery in the whole country.

Ive been to kenmare loads in recent years,never found killarney to be a kip though, its been a good 5 years since ive properly went out in killarney though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 72 ✭✭ewinslet

pkvader wrote: »
    Ive been to kenmare loads in recent years,never found killarney to be a kip though, its been a good 5 years since ive properly went out in killarney though.

Maybe dump is a bit harsh, but there's not much in the way of decent shops there. Last time I went for a walk around the town I was disappointed. Kenmare seems more quaint or something.

There are so many restaurants and hotels to chose from but for a special evening out I always enjoy the lake hotel . great meal and service and scenery to die for. It is around 2 miles from town but so worth it..also the Royal hotel. And good reviews also from the Porterhouse in Plunkett St. Bricin restaurant in High Street also. Hope these help.. You really are spoilt for choice..
    Enjoy the weekend and Killarney is certainly no dump..why would do many people choose to visit here and return..

Great! cheers for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

i would not recommned the Porterhouse

Edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    i would not recommned the Porterhouse

Seconded.

Advertisement