Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    i would not recommned the Porterhouse

Agree. Much better places in town with better value. They are charging top restaurant prices for bar food. You're spoilt for choice in Killarney anyway. Don't worry about reviews, just walk around and see what catches your eye

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

What about a bar to watch the world cup games lads?, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

pkvader wrote: »
    What about a bar to watch the world cup games lads?, any recommendations?

If Scotts have an outdoor screen set up go there, they have a great outdoor area which is ideal in this weather. Alternativley you can try McSorelys bar, The Kube or the Plaza.

siblers wrote: »
    If Scotts have an outdoor screen set up go there, they have a great outdoor area which is ideal in this weather. Alternativley you can try McSorelys bar, The Kube or the Plaza.

Yep. I agree with that. Scotts for the 5pm game and I would def go to Mcsorleys for the 8 and 11 kick offs. Always a good atmosphere in the back bar and a huge screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Nice one lads!, , great help

• Advertisement

For anyone that plays poker and has not heard about the tournament in the Gleneagle this weekend. It is a €230 buy in and will be on from Thursday-Monday.

http://www.boylepoker.com/Tournaments/IPOKillarney/IPOKillarney

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/forum/showthread.php?p=809167#post809167

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Hi all, can anybody recommend a good place for overnight parking in the middle of town? Reasonable if possible?

mickeyk wrote: »
    Hi all, can anybody recommend a good place for overnight parking in the middle of town? Reasonable if possible?

You can park overnight in any car park in town for free. Traffic wardens work 9am-6pm so you have to pay between those hours. Obviously parking is at your own risk but I have left the car several times after having a drink and nothing ever happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

dobman88 wrote: »
    You can park overnight in any car park in town for free. Traffic wardens work 9am-6pm so you have to pay between those hours. Obviously parking is at your own risk but I have left the car several times after having a drink and nothing ever happened.

Do they work Sundays this time of year? Looking for tomorrow night and probably won't be back to the car until 12 on Sunday

Do they work Sundays this time of year? Looking for tomorrow night and probably won't be back to the car until 12 on Sunday

No you're grand so. That's a common occurence on Saturday nights. Car parks would be full until Sunday afternoon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Parking is free on Sundays in Killarney. Parking is always free in the Cathedral car park. Parking is always free after 6:30 pm everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Lads what time is the fairground in town open from? Can't get info from google

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

You mean Birds Bazaar or the playground near the park? If it's Birds, they tend to open from 5/6pm onwards. You won't find any info online as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Anyone now of some one who does house calls in relation to repairing a desktop computer.. I don't fancy fooling around with the wires and connections..techno phobia

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Anyone know how to access the automatic logon to the town Free wifi. I think it is Eircom page but is looking to either login or register. Does every visitor have to Register?? If it is FREE.. why is it so hard to get on??

Masala wrote: »
    Anyone know how to access the automatic logon to the town Free wifi. I think it is Eircom page but is looking to either login or register. Does every visitor have to Register?? If it is FREE.. why is it so hard to get on??

I live in the town centre and can't even get a signal on any of my devices. Also the password thing doesn't help. Would save me a fortune if I could log onto it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

Use it all the time although the signal is rubbish and really not worth using, better off using one of the shops wifi considering about 25-30% of them have free wifi now, most cafe's ice cream parlours , outlet centre, mcdonalds plus many more in town all have free wifi now:)

tinner777 wrote: »
    Lads what time is the fairground in town open from? Can't get info from google

Sign up at the entrance says open at 7pm. They open in the afternoon on Saturdays afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

group of us heading down for the weekend. Any suggestions for a good place to watch the racing from the curragh tomorrow and then to watch the derby/world cup saturday? Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

jmorrisey wrote: »
    group of us heading down for the weekend. Any suggestions for a good place to watch the racing from the curragh tomorrow and then to watch the derby/world cup saturday? Many thanks in advance

Dan Linehans for the racing and The Cube for the footy. I'm sure other people will suggest more for ya.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Dan Linehans for the racing and The Cube for the footy. I'm sure other people will suggest more for ya.

I would say Linehans for the racing and McSorleys just next door for the footy. 3 drinks for €10 while the games are on, a huge screen and always a little crowd watching so a good atmosphere.

Also, sandwiched between Linehans and McSorleys is a Ladbrokes to place bets. And a few chippers/restaurants just across the road. Perfect location.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

i know this is the Killarney page(dont think there is a killorglin page)but does anyone know where the funeral home in killorglin is?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

i know this is the Killarney page(dont think there is a killorglin page)but does anyone know where the funeral home in killorglin is?

There's one (Flynn's) out the Cromane road a mile or two outside town,

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Molzer2 wrote: »
    There's one (Flynn's) out the Cromane road a mile or two outside town,

thanks for that....i think its flynn's alright...cheers

Anyone know what's the craic with the 4th of July American celebrations? I've seen a few posters and things for it but very little info. From what I have seen it does sound like a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

I was up Torc this lunchtime with the family unit. View from the top was spectacular. Good job with the railway sleepers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

So this is a super exciting question but does anyone know if any of the butchers in town do turkey mince? I knows Tescos do, but it's a bit on the expensive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Can anyone recommend somewhere in Killarney to get my hair blowdryed & pedi/manicure that might have appointments free this Saturday, pref the same place if possible?

Fiancé is doing the cycle so I'm trying to fill my day, any other suggestions for things to do welcome, 34weeks pregnant so nothing too wild!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

The Plaza hotel, right in town has a lovely spa, very relaxed. I was treated to a fabulous day there a while ago. Right in town too so you'll be able to meet fiancé easily when he finishes. Lunch upstairs in hotel, lunch was included in the package I had.
    See the website for offers or ring and specify your wants see what they can offer.
    Don't be put off by location, once you're in there you have no idea your right in town.
    Enjoy!
    Www.Killarney plaza.com
    If you are lunching upstairs you'll have great view of cyclists coming in (if they finish in town?? I cannot remember where they finish this year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

How long does it take/what is the walking distance from Galway Bridge to Lord Brandon's cottage? I saw 2 hours mentioned somewhere but I am unsure if this is one-way or return. Thank you.

Advertisement