Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

VG31 wrote: »
    How long does it take/what is the walking distance from Galway Bridge to Lord Brandon's cottage? I saw 2 hours mentioned somewhere but I am unsure if this is one-way or return. Thank you.

I thinks the distance is about 7km. It depends how fast you walk, but it would be one hour one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

does anyone know where l ca get a car sticker that has something like "up kerry" or the kerry jersey on it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

does anyone know where l ca get a car sticker that has something like "up kerry" or the kerry jersey on it??

There is a GAA shop in the outlet, they might have what your looking for.

madcabbage wrote: »
    There is a GAA shop in the outlet, they might have what your looking for.

oya forgot bout that place thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Hey everyone,

I know this may be a long shot but does anyone have contact details for a lady in Friaries that sells debs dresses? She sells them from her own home. I got mine from her four years ago now, and this year my sister has her debs and there isn't really anywhere in Killarney..

Can't remember this woman's details at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Gavmag

Hi Guys,
    Just wondering, im travelling to Killarney tomorrow with 5 other clubmates from Fermanagh, to take part in the Ring of Kerry cycle, and by any chance, does anyone have any idea where I could get 1 spare pass to take part in the cycle? Realise its a long shot, but thank you in advance for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Gavmag wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Just wondering, im travelling to Killarney tomorrow with 5 other clubmates from Fermanagh, to take part in the Ring of Kerry cycle, and by any chance, does anyone have any idea where I could get 1 spare pass to take part in the cycle? Realise its a long shot, but thank you in advance for your time.

If you go onto their website they have a long waiting list so chances of getting one are very slim. You could just do the cycle anyway but you wouldn't be entitled to anything at the rest stops and the organisers and Gardai ask people not to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gavmag

Thank you Dobman, appreciate the reply, I have no hope on the waiting list, this was my only chance

Gavmag wrote: »
    Thank you Dobman, appreciate the reply, I have no hope on the waiting list, this was my only chance

Keep asking members of your club. Someone is bound to have a contact somewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Crash involving a large truck and at least 2 cars on the N71 this afternoon between the tunnel and the car park for the walk to Dinis Cottage. Two fire trucks, a Garda car and 3+ ambulances were on the site. The truck had appeared to have run off the road and struck a tree. It's a very dangerous stretch of road there, I hope all involved are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

VG31 wrote: »
    Crash involving a large truck and at least 2 cars on the N71 this afternoon between the tunnel and the car park for the walk to Dinis Cottage. Two fire trucks, a Garda car and 3+ ambulances were on the site. The truck had appeared to have run off the road and struck a tree. It's a very dangerous stretch of road there, I hope all involved are ok.

Truck shouldn't have been up that road, buses aren't allowed up Molls now if I'm correct. Dodgy road!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Anyone catching trout on the flesk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

madcabbage wrote: »
    Truck shouldn't have been up that road, buses aren't allowed up Molls now if I'm correct. Dodgy road!!

When you say buses you don't mean tour buses? On the stretch between muckross and molls gap?

The buzz of the ROK is starting. Rakes of people arriving with bikes already this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

mirrors wrote: »
    Anyone catching trout on the flesk?

Yeas, catching loads of trout at loquitanne (sp?) Too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Some photos from a fabulous weekend in Killarney of the July 4th Parade and Ring of Kerry Cycle.
    http://www.thewandererphotos.com/FeaturedGallery/4thjuly-ringofkerry2014/

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Yeas, catching loads of trout at loquitanne (sp?) Too.

Lough Guittane

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Hi

I got some deep scratches on my 06 Beetle bumper - any recommendations in Killarney for repair of same. It a plastic colour-coordinated bumper and the scratches are visible - to me anyway

Any contacts that I can try for a repair quote??

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

dobman88 wrote: »
    Lough Guittane

Thank you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Masala wrote: »
    Hi

I got some deep scratches on my 06 Beetle bumper - any recommendations in Killarney for repair of same. It a plastic colour-coordinated bumper and the scratches are visible - to me anyway

Hunphrey Kerins (087) 299 7006. He is out the Tralee road about 3-4 miles on the left. There is a sign on the road outside the house.
    He fixed a couple of scratches for me last year and found him good as well as reasonable. Also got a quote of him before hand.

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    Hi

John Fleming Crash Repairs, Lissivigeen Killarney Co. Kerry
    (064)6625444
    I've heard that he's excellent, but not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Liebherr have an open day coming up for anyone who wants to go and have a "gawk"

http://www.killarneytoday.com/liebherr-opens-its-doors-to-public/

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭cottager83

Folks where is the best place to get a jaunting car from? Have some relations home and they want to get a good tour of Killarney's iconic scenery. Cheers!

cottager83 wrote: »
    Folks where is the best place to get a jaunting car from? Have some relations home and they want to get a good tour of Killarney's iconic scenery. Cheers!

The jaunting car rank there near the cinema. About €40 an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

cottager83 wrote: »

Their are signs in the town opposite the cinema, near The Handy Stores, with maps; routes and prices you are supposed to be charged.
    Look at that before you speak with any jarvey. Your relatives could also look & see which route takes their fancy :)

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

Can anyone recommend a beauty salon that applys good fake tan, non streaky or too orange etc........in town or outside...

Can anyone recommend a beauty salon that applys good fake tan, non streaky or too orange etc........in town or outside...

There is a tanning place in the Inisfallen shopping arcade. Also a place down the lane beside Subway in town. I've never been to either but they're the two that I can think of.

dobman88 wrote: »
    There is a tanning place in the Inisfallen shopping arcade. Also a place down the lane beside Subway in town. I've never been to either but they're the two that I can think of.

Thanks! you wouldnt know the names by any chance?

Thanks! you wouldnt know the names by any chance?

I don't, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Killarney was bananas Sunday, never seen the town so busy for what was a regular summer Sunday. Was out by Ross Castle too, place was mental, fecking Jaunting carts were fierce annoying though going through the park, seemed to be a never ending cycle of them coming and going.

Advertisement