Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

siblers wrote: »
    Killarney was bananas Sunday, never seen the town so busy for what was a regular summer Sunday. Was out by Ross Castle too, place was mental, fecking Jaunting carts were fierce annoying though going through the park, seemed to be a never ending cycle of them coming and going.

If you are down at Ross again and want to avoid the jaunting cars, you can head down the Copper mines as they don't venture down that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

siblers wrote: »
    Killarney was bananas Sunday, never seen the town so busy for what was a regular summer Sunday. Was out by Ross Castle too, place was mental, fecking Jaunting carts were fierce annoying though going through the park, seemed to be a never ending cycle of them coming and going.
    Yeah, they are quaint and the tourists love them, but they are a bit of a law onto themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

hard to beat killarney, finest town in the country, i should think,
    i was there at weekend and it rocked, plenty to do and also to see

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

anyone know if the quality hotel(old ryan hotel) in Killarney is still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

leduke wrote: »
    anyone know if the quality hotel(old ryan hotel) in Killarney is still open?

Yeah, now called Hotel Killarney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Hi all -my son worked in the Heineken tent on Friday and Saturday 4th and 5th of July in New St car park.This was Ring of Kerry cycle weekend.As they packed up on Sat night his black fleece top was taken(stolen)from car park.In the pocket was a Renault car keycard (black plastic card)and his housekeys He reported same to Killarney Gardai but no luck since .I now find that a new keycard costs about 200 euro so any help or suggestions in locating his property would be greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Hi all -my son worked in the Heineken tent on Friday and Saturday 4th and 5th of July in New St car park.This was Ring of Kerry cycle weekend.As they packed up on Sat night his black fleece top was taken(stolen)from car park.In the pocket was a Renault car keycard (black plastic card)and his housekeys He reported same to Killarney Gardai but no luck since .I now find that a new keycard costs about 200 euro so any help or suggestions in locating his property would be greatly appreciated

To be fair if nothing has happened by now, it's probably a lost cause. I would just pay the 200 for a new key. What has he been driving since this happened? I don't think anyone would intentionally steal a jumper, just bad luck. If someone was going to rob the car or house, something woukd have happened by now.

I know this post sounds very harsh and cold hearted but there is no easy way of saying any of it. No offence is intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

St Anne's Road closed today and for the next few days for more work on the new High St junction. High st car park also closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Can anyone give me a link to the operations of the 'dump' in Lissavigeen??

EG... contact details, prices, opening hours and details of what I can bring there.

Can't get google to find anything on it.... I suppose that is good web advertising for Killarney!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

• Advertisement

Can someone recommend a dental hygienist in Killarney besides the one who works in Fullers as she only works Saturdays and is booked up til new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Cud anyone recommend a nice bar in killarney to watch d Kerry game today

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Henwin wrote: »
    Cud anyone recommend a nice bar in killarney to watch d Kerry game today
    Scotts Hotel in College Street would be a good choice...
    Tatler Jacks bar in Plunkett Street also..may not be the nicest bar But usually packed for games.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

thanks, went to danny manns in the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Masala wrote: »
    Can anyone give me a link to the operations of the 'dump' in Lissavigeen??

http://www.repak.ie/recycling_facility_detail.php?id=2690

Owned by : Kerry County Council
    Type : Recycling Centre
    Area : Killarney
    Name : Coolcaslagh Transfer Station

Opening Hours
    Day From To
    Mon: 8:30 17:00
    Tue: 8:30 17:00
    Wed: 8:30 17:00
    Thu: 8:30 17:00
    Fri: 8:30 17:00
    Sat: 8:30 13:00

Closed for lunch daily 12.15pm - 1.00pm
    Phone 0646633522

Charges: Waste €3.50 for black Bag
    6 Black bags of Waste €19
    Any waste over 6 bags weighed @ €0.30078 per kg.
    Minimum Waste Charge €19

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

dobman88 wrote: »
    Can someone recommend a dental hygienist in Killarney besides the one who works in Fullers as she only works Saturdays and is booked up til new year.

Try Nik over super valu,

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Try Nik over super valu,

Any contact number? Google isn't giving me much.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Try Nik over super valu,

Google gave me this :)

I presume it is Dr Nik Nomikos they are referring to above,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

064-6625143
    I've been to him a few times and would be happy to recommend although I didn't have anything more serious than a check-up and cleaning.

Edit: Oh wait, it's a dental hygienist rather than a dentist you're looking for so scratch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Anyone know of a good place to get a male haircut in Killarney town? I want to try a different type of style for once but would like someone capable to do it if ye know of anyone good?

• Advertisement

kaji wrote: »
    Anyone know of a good place to get a male haircut in Killarney town? I want to try a different type of style for once but would like someone capable to do it if ye know of anyone good?

The place for different styles would be Julies barber shop on High Street, across from Penneys. There is also the Turkish barber on Plunkett street but the service can be hit and miss. I used to use him regularly but I don't anymore.

The best place imo, are the Slovakian ladies down the Dunloe Lodge lane. I use them regularly and they have a new guy working with them and he is top notch too. They are also the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DennyPa

Does anyone know if you can buy goldfish in Killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

DennyPa wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can buy goldfish in Killarney?

The Ark Veterinary Clinic
    Cleeny Roundabout, Tralee Rd , (Opposite Lidl) Killarney Co. Kerry
    (064)6636644

Thanks for that

Thanks for that madrabui

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Any thoughts on how the new junction at the top of High St is working?

My only experience has been traffic jams when trying exit the car park.

I guess the real test will be in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

Radio5 wrote: »

my initial thoughts were that it looked very well(and it does), but after sitting in traffic jams all week i'm beginning to think its going to be a disaster,
    god help us in september:eek:

It looks like a disaster to me. I think it will be the same as the Firies crossroads in Farranfore just before the train tracks where the shop is. And you will have to worry about people flying down from St. Annes road too. There actually wasn't a whole pile wrong the way it was imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Are the lights very slow to change there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

The traffic jams have been significantly worse since they turned them on.

The jams coming up high st have been very bad which leads all the way back to Main Street and up college street. I even saw a traffic jam coming down rock road...

It's bad.

Advertisement