Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭dobman88

Has anyone been into the DV8 store in the outlet centre? Is it quality stuff or the usual sh!te that gets sold in mens chain stores?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    The traffic jams have been significantly worse since they turned them on.

The jams coming up high st have been very bad which leads all the way back to Main Street and up college street. I even saw a traffic jam coming down rock road...

It's bad.
    They were bad today when I was there, came up the road from Dunnes (New Road) and came onto the Rock Road right before the lights, there was heavy traffic coming down the Rock Road and the lights were incredibly slow to change, such that there was a backlog up the Rock Road and no traffic crossing the junction from High Street.

Didn't see any problems with the old system although more regular visitors to High Street may know more about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Johnnyq79

Ya. The queues are bad enough. Hardly ever been sitting in a jam looking at Foleys restaurant, but twice in the last week. And these were middle of the day during the week.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Has anyone been into the DV8 store in the outlet centre? Is it quality stuff or the usual sh!te that gets sold in mens chain stores?

Anyone been yet?

Anyone been yet?

My 14 year old niece was in and she said the stuff was kinda too old for her.

• Advertisement

Johnnyq79 wrote: »
    My 14 year old niece was in and she said the stuff was kinda too old for her.

Cheers. Didn't know it was a womans shop. Thought it was a mens shop.

Ah no. I think it's both.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

its men's & women's. They do a few different fashion brands, as well as shoes. There is another branch in Tralee.

Won't be shopping in DV8 any time soon. Popped in for a look earlier, €70 for a shirt GTFO. I thought the idea of an outlet centre was cheaper prices lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Won't be shopping in DV8 any time soon. Popped in for a look earlier, €70 for a shirt GTFO. I thought the idea of an outlet centre was cheaper prices lol

DV8 isn't an outlet store though, so I wonder if they are starting to steer away from outlet style shops in there?

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    DV8 isn't an outlet store though, so I wonder if they are starting to steer away from outlet style shops in there?

Ah that place was a disaster from the start. They have some kids bouncy castle on the second floor now when it was always closed off. If it wasn't for Nike I don't think it would be open at all. Obviously leaning away from outlet stores to fill up space, much like the Kerry GAA shop.

Ah that place was a disaster from the start. They have some kids bouncy castle on the second floor now when it was always closed off. If it wasn't for Nike I don't think it would be open at all. Obviously leaning away from outlet stores to fill up space, much like the Kerry GAA shop.

yeah, probably a better idea, and should have been done a long time ago. It definitely is a disaster of a shopping centre. The second floor was basically empty apart from O'Brien's Sandwich cafe...is that even still there? Its been so long since I was in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Yes O'Briens is still there and there are a few other shops on the 2nd floor as well.

While all units haven't ever been full, I think it seems busy enough and I know lots of visitors from out of town who go shopping there when they come to Killarney. And not just in the Nike store either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Army Surplus Store on the first floor is always worth a look, the Nike and Kerry GAA stores too. I hear the Kerry GAA shop is very busy this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i love going to that outlet when i am in killarney,
    there is a lovely atmosphere there, have bought lots in the army surplus store, there are lots of different items in there a great selection of garden tools, diy tools, and lots more along with a place in same shop which sells lots of house stuff at a good price, there are a couple good coffee shops, and also there is sometimes a woman with her stall selling lovely homemade cakes and pasteries along with bread, i always buy the local honey she sells, i think her name is kathleen,

another time there was a man there selling his own produce, sausages and puddings which he stock in shops local to him, they taste beautiful, i bought some him the day he was there, hope to pick up of his produce when i am back that way.
    there are a few good clothes shops to browse around,
    and there is always arts and crafts in stalls,
    there is a great little book shop that i always go to love the vast array of items they sell, cards, stationery, gifts, artwork materials, and of course books to suit all

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

are kwd they only show in town for bin collections?

Im in milltown

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Madman2

KWD, Mr Binman and town council are the three that do around us anyway,give mr binman a call (their based in Adare)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

are you certain that mr binman will do kerry, it would be good to know if they cover the whole county, as we seem to have only one company collecting in kerry i thought

goat2 wrote: »
    are you certain that mr binman will do kerry, it would be good to know if they cover the whole county, as we seem to have only one company collecting in kerry i thought

I thought Mr. Binman had pulled out of Kerry, they pulled out of the Tralee area about 2 years ago now. They do still do the glass collection for the pubs in Tralee, but not regular collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

there is a lovely atmosphere there, have bought lots in the army surplus store, there are lots of different items in there a great selection of garden tools, diy tools, and lots more along with a place in same shop which sells lots of house stuff at a good price, there are a couple good coffee shops, and also there is sometimes a woman with her stall selling lovely homemade cakes and pasteries along with bread, i always buy the local honey she sells, i think her name is kathleen,

another time there was a man there selling his own produce, sausages and puddings which he stock in shops local to him, they taste beautiful, i bought some him the day he was there, hope to pick up of his produce when i am back that way.
    there is a great little book shop that i always go to love the vast array of items they sell, cards, stationery, gifts, artwork materials, and of course books to suit all

Dont think I am going into the same Centre as you OG but beauty lies in the eye of the beholded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Dont think I am going into the same Centre as you OG but beauty lies in the eye of the beholder

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

Does anyone know how to reach the mouth of the river flesk from killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mirrors

mirrors wrote: »
    So no one here knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

hey guys can someone tell me where Revive café is in the town??

hey guys can someone tell me where Revive café is in the town??

On New Street. Next to Lifestyle across from The Laune Bar and Charlie Foleys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

On New Street. Next to Lifestyle across from The Laune Bar and Charlie Foleys.

Can you tell me is it a cafe where you'd get soup and sandwhichs etc or is it more of a organic/ health food cafe?? Get that impression from the name...

Can you tell me is it a cafe where you'd get soup and sandwhichs etc or is it more of a organic/ health food cafe?? Get that impression from the name...

Never been in but seems to be a bit of an expensive place from the look of it. I could be completely wrong. I've never seen soup on their menus outside, usually poached eggs and the like.

Mckenzies just down the road across from Ulsterbank is very good imo. Been a few times and never had a problem with food or service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It's just a normal cafe really. They do soup, sandwiches, baked potato, that kinda stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

mirrors wrote: »

I'd say you're best bet is by boat -probably the easiest way to get to it.

Ask below at Ross Castle - either some of the fisherfolk or some of the rowing clubs might have a better idea.

I'd imagine there is no public right of way to the mouth of the river so it would possibly involve trespassing (or some of it might be OPW land)

Why do you want to head there? Don't think I've ever heard any mention of it in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

There is a way down from the back of the racecourse that'll bring you near the mouth of the Flesk. Very boggy area down there, so bring wellies whatever ya do!

Advertisement