Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Looking for a place to park within walking distance of Killarney train station for 3 maybe 4 days stay. Any safe car parks with this facility?

flexcon wrote: »
    Sorry what traffic law have broken??

Care to read the posts again. I am a spectator.

If you see about 50 cars parked together on average 4 cars are actually creating black circles on the road.

The people watching as far as I am aware are not breaking traffic laws?

You are.

I should say my interest in this issue. Was away from home last year and got a text about an emergency at home, so had to rush across roads in South Kerry, came around a corner to find a whole line of your friends parked along one side of the road watching fellows messing in cars on the other side and in a lay by. Slammed on the brakes, as 2 utter clowns were flying against me on their wrong side, then had to wait until the other clowns heard my beeping and realised I needed to get through urgently. It took a very long time for some of them to form this thought process. Eventually got through, with much a lot of swearing and shouting and gestures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

You are.

I should say my interest in this issue. Was away from home last year and got a text about an emergency at home, so had to rush across roads in South Kerry, came around a corner to find a whole line of your friends parked along one side of the road watching fellows messing in cars on the other side and in a lay by. Slammed on the brakes, as 2 utter clowns were flying against me on their wrong side, then had to wait until the other clowns heard my beeping and realised I needed to get through urgently. It took a very long time for some of them to form this thought process. Eventually got through, with much a lot of swearing and shouting and gestures.

If you think I am here to Justify that, I would never.

That shouldn't have happened and I ain't saying this to defend myself, however I would never parked on a corner or intentionally block the road.

Places like county bonds etc, where there is a huge gap in the road where anyone were to come up they just drive through.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Looking for a place to park within walking distance of Killarney train station for 3 maybe 4 days stay. Any safe car parks with this facility?
    Parkbytext at the train station. You can book online. It came up earlier in this thread. A search of boards should throw it up. Safety wise I can't comment on. Have only ever left the car there for full day with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just a Quick Question?!

Has anyone heard of any cars being damaged/deliberately vandalised anywhere on NewStreet?

As I said: just a Quick Question.

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just a Quick Question?!

Has anyone heard of any cars being damaged/deliberately vandalised anywhere on NewStreet?

As I said: just a Quick Question.

Many Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Yes. Had my wing mirrors kicked off a couple of times when I lived in an apartment on New Street. Had to park on the street and it was an unfortunate situation. I ended up moving it to the big car park round the corner and had no issues.

Never parked there during the day. All the incidents were at night time.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yes. Had my wing mirrors kicked off a couple of times when I lived in an apartment on New Street. Had to park on the street and it was an unfortunate situation. I ended up moving it to the big car park round the corner and had no issues.

Never parked there during the day. All the incidents were at night time.

Thanks for sharing. You ever find those responsible?

Ever notice 'extra' attention on you ; your car ; your activities in terms of where you came from before heading to your car & times etc?

Thanks Again,

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing. You ever find those responsible?

Ever notice 'extra' attention on you ; your car ; your activities in terms of where you came from before heading to your car & times etc?

Thanks Again,

Not for here.

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

Hey, does anyone know if there are any pub quizzes coming up in Killarney?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Stoned Since 2011

dobman88 wrote: »
    Not for here.

PM sent.

why post your post?

• Advertisement

why post your post?

To let people know that the query was answered but it wasn't suitable to post on thread.

Why do you ask?

^^^ On a change of topic:

Ireland BikeFest just around the corner ; always a great time in Killarney. Activities can be found here :)

Try remember your polling card & ID when voting.

I voted this morning ; sheets stuck to door as you enter the school had my area/road listed in the wrong booth. The polling-card I had was correct though. Also for the very first time in my voting life I was asked for ID (different people this year handing out the ballot-papers).

Just some FYI,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Actually looking forward to next weekend, always a good weekend with the bikers around. Some serious bikes land every year. :)
    Beerfest the week after, it's summer!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

I see den joes is being painted :) can't wait for it to reopen!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

I see den joes is being painted can't wait for it to reopen!

I got a peek inside today. Looks like less seating downstairs. Counter nearer door. Its closed 2 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I have a bunch of old video tapes at home, anyone know where l can dispose them somewhere or if someone would want/need them??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I have a bunch of old video tapes at home, anyone know where l can dispose them somewhere or if someone would want/need them??

You posted same question in Tralee thread. Please only post in one thread. Thanks. Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone know what's being built in the corner of the Glebe car park?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Radio5 wrote: »

Haven't heard anything yet. You can only imagine it's gonna be a shop or small restaurant. Looks horrible the way it is at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yes. It looks as if it will be totally out of proportion when you consider the height of the previous building there and the buildings on Clover's Lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Isn't there meant to be a TK Max going down there? :confused: That's what I have being told anyway. I haven't seen the building tbh, not up that end of town that much at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Radio5 wrote: »

It's the new Kerry Phone Centre shop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

The TK Maxx is going in where O'Sheas used to be on Main Street.

The new building on the corner of the Glebe looks awfully out of scale at the moment with the metal structure - I'm hopeful that once it's completed it won't look so awkard/weird/

I got a peek inside today. Looks like less seating downstairs. Counter nearer door. Its closed 2 years.

Only 2-years. Seems longer for some reason. This was my haunt after a night out ; loved the food in here and oh! those lickle tables they had too ; hail, rain or shine off with the shoes and a walk up to the taxi-rank afterward :)

Wonder , well I Hope they keep / bring back the auld staff. Hopefully they got sorted for jobs after this happened, but it would be nice if some return when they re-open.

Oh that's what's going on in Mackeys! Was in Eason's the other day and couldn't hear myself think for the building noise next door.

I can't see how that new Glebe building won't stick out like a sore thumb , even when it's finished. You'd wonder what they (Kerry co.co or Killareny Town Co whoever was in charge) were thinking giving planning for something with that number of storeys. Then again look at the Reeks eyesore.....

I'm thinking you could ask the local mods in the Retro-forum right here as someone lurking in there might appreciate them :)

Otherwise, you could hand into the Charity-Shops. Any town I visit I always wander into the Charity-Shops ; most of them would have tapes and dvds for sale too :)

Half price fish n chips went down a treat in the allegro. Anyone else avail of the promotion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

The brother is planning on heading down to the Killarney fest at the end of June. He Wants to keep it relatively cheap with the hotels. Probably be a few friends going with him. They are all in their forties.
    What or where would be the place accommodation to cater for them
    I was thinking a holiday home or an apartment but the sites are faily scant on details
    http://www.parkplacekillarney.com/aboutus
    ???

• Advertisement

Bowlardo wrote: »
    The brother is planning on heading down to the Killarney fest at the end of June. He Wants to keep it relatively cheap with the hotels. Probably be a few friends going with him. They are all in their forties.
    What or where would be the place accommodation to cater for them
    I was thinking a holiday home or an apartment but the sites are faily scant on details
    http://www.parkplacekillarney.com/aboutus
    ???

Okay well the one that sings out to me would be the Castlerosse Holiday Homes see here.

The reason why: Location! The town has created this simply Beautiful walk-way that passes out that direction, but goes right into the town through the National Park. Very handy for walking into town for the Killarney Fest. Approx 15-20mins but direct and lands you right into the centre of activities in the National Park.

The Gleneagle Apartments here are another I'd recommend. Walk only 10-15mins from town on the main Muckross Road right upto the GoldenGates where would be one entrance into the National Park area for the Killarney Fest.

Ring & Book Early though,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement