Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 speedbird184

A bicycle was stolen from my house between 2am and 11am this morning, 31/5/2015. It is a blue Challenge Emulator 26in. (I cannot post a pic of it because I am a new user).

I bought the bike on Thursday, hence owned it for 3 days before it was stolen.

If anyone has information, please let me know. I have already contacted An Garda Síochána.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Post in the Cycling Forum thread on stolen bikes right here. Hopefully some news will come your way.
    Also keep an eye on the likes of adverts & donedeal etc as they want to shift it fairly lively.

That Bike Parade this morning was simply awesome! Mixing in the honda-50's with the Hogs and other machines was Brilliant!
    I say forget your Harley, Honda-50 is where the fun is at. Just amazing to watch this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Just recently moved here to Killarney. I am working from home. I would love to meet some people here! I know night classes will start in September. Does anyone know where I'd find stuff for the summer in general to meet people? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Lena137 wrote: »
    Just recently moved here to Killarney. I am working from home. I would love to meet some people here! I know night classes will start in September. Does anyone know where I'd find stuff for the summer in general to meet people? :)

Hi. Welcome. If you like a little bit of exercise and a lot of craic I go to fitness classes run by these lads https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684296708325792&tsid=0.8925511816050857&source=typeahead

Classes are usually about 5 females and 3 males of all fitness levels. I knew nobody before starting and now have a couple of friends in the group. Next class is tomorrow in the field across from the Cathedral, beside the playground. First class is always free. Usually €7.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

The Killarney cycling club is really friendly, weekend leisure cycles, weds night cycles. Was surprised how welcoming everyone is.

Go to Lir for coffee and to hang out.... Guarantee some locals will start chattingbto you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

karate classes
    St. Mary's Parish Hall, Killarney Tuesday 5:30 - 7pm

new members always welcome

https://www.facebook.com/kerryshotokan?fref=nf

dobman88 wrote: »
    Hi. Welcome. If you like a little bit of exercise and a lot of craic I go to fitness classes run by these lads https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=684296708325792&tsid=0.8925511816050857&source=typeahead

Classes are usually about 5 females and 3 males of all fitness levels. I knew nobody before starting and now have a couple of friends in the group. Next class is tomorrow in the field across from the Cathedral, beside the playground. First class is always free. Usually €7.

This has been moved to the quality hotel because of the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Hey guys.Planning on going killarney tonight,are there many late bars/nightclubs open? Please reply asap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hey guys.Planning on going killarney tonight,are there many late bars/nightclubs open? Please reply asap :)

The Grand will be open till 2am (maybe 2:30 am) Everywhere else will probably close around midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

siblers wrote: »
    The Grand will be open till 2am (maybe 2:30 am) Everywhere else will probably close around midnight.

Thanks

siblers wrote: »

Mcsorleys open til 6am :pac:

But seriously. Yes, the grand is the only nightclub, 2.30am closing. Mcsorleys is a late bar, they shut the doors around 2 and kick out at 3.

Stick with The Grand, always a good buzz in there over the Summer!

Mustangs is probably open late too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭NN1

Hi guys, anybody know any cheap places for all-day parking, as close to the kdys as possible? I don't fancy walking too far, especially in the rain. Lewis road car park is €3 for the day, so is the hilliard house car park. Doesn't sound a lot but it soon mounts up, especially living on my budget!

NN1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, anybody know any cheap places for all-day parking, as close to the kdys as possible? I don't fancy walking too far, especially in the rain. Lewis road car park is €3 for the day, so is the hilliard house car park. Doesn't sound a lot but it soon mounts up, especially living on my budget!

That's about as cheap as you'd get I think. The only free car park is on the other side of town next to the cathedral.

I vaguely remember something like €10 a week in the train station car park but don't know if it's still in use or how to avail of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

So has anyone got their tickets for the Killarney fest at the end of the month? I still don't know whether I'll be going, its bit expensive for me at the moment, and seeing as I want to see a few acts, which fall on different days, I don't think I'll be going :(

Hopefully will win tickets on their facebook page! *fingers crossed!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    So has anyone got their tickets for the Killarney fest at the end of the month? I still don't know whether I'll be going, its bit expensive for me at the moment, and seeing as I want to see a few acts, which fall on different days, I don't think I'll be going :(

No. I would love to go but it's a scam if I've ever seen one. Why they can't have separate tickets for separate events I don't know.

Every festival organiser could learn from bike fest. Everything free and always packed full so they make money on food, drink and merchandise

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. I would love to go but it's a scam if I've ever seen one. Why they can't have separate tickets for separate events I don't know.

Every festival organiser could learn from bike fest. Everything free and always packed full so they make money on food, drink and merchandise

I wonder have they sold many tickets? I don't hear anyone talking about it, or anyone excited about it, it just doesn't seem to be grabbing people's attention! I spoke to a guy recently who works for one of the sponsors, and even he said he really hasn't heard enough about it! He wasn't sure what was going on with it!

I cant justify spending €75, I don't want to see all the acts, and I would have to spend the entire day in Killarney (from Tralee), just to make it worth the money...which in my opinion it still wouldn't!

I might however, pop over to the Beerfest this weekend :)

I wonder have they sold many tickets? I don't hear anyone talking about it, or anyone excited about it, it just doesn't seem to be grabbing people's attention! I spoke to a guy recently who works for one of the sponsors, and even he said he really hasn't heard enough about it! He wasn't sure what was going on with it!

I cant justify spending €75, I don't want to see all the acts, and I would have to spend the entire day in Killarney (from Tralee), just to make it worth the money...which in my opinion it still wouldn't!

I'm in the same boat. Haven't heard a thing about it. And couldn't justify paying just to see one act. It'll be interesting to see if it works or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

I did hear that there was a deal somewhere with 4 day tickets for €200, which would make it €50 for a day ticket.
    Had a look on the website there and there wasn't any sign of it though.
    Anyone hear anything about this? Even at €50 it doesn't look like great value, but it's not as much of a blatant rip-off as €75

I'd be gobsmacked if there isnt tickets available on the day, so I'd imagine that the organisers are praying for sunshine and hoping there are a lot of people who decide to head along on the day.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping to find some way to get tickets for cheap on the day or hoping to get in for free, not a chance am I going to fork out €70/75 euros at the moment. During SummerFest, people were always getting in for free for concerts that had bombed, so I'm hoping they'll let people in to bring up the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

The Kdys have car park space for staff , they might allow you to use that space if your using the centre, you could always check..

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    The Kdys have car park space for staff , they might allow you to use that space if your using the centre, you could always check..

Did that already, I'm not allowed due to 'insurance reasons'!
    Thanks though, might just have to fork out the €15 a week :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Can you get a monthly ticket for €25 or is that finished. Check the Town Hall

newman10 wrote: »
    Can you get a monthly ticket for €25 or is that finished. Check the Town Hall

No idea tbh, I'll check though!

No you don't need to spend 15Euro a week. If you can't get your hands on a monthly ticket, how about a weekly ticket for 8Euro or monthly charge for 30Euro?
    When parking at the train station ; Register with Parkbytext. They have so many very convenient locations for parking country-wide. Register here :)

When parking at the train station ; just log your location either before-hand on a computer ; via the app on your phone before you park and/or they have a machine at the station also. See my screen-shot with the charges attached (taken when I logged into my own account, doubt different for everyone tbh!)
    H1sYzaO.jpg

Hope That Helps,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

No way am I going spend 150 euro a day (me and the missus) to go to this. The lineup is ok, but the entire thing is so over-priced as to be unreasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Pecker31

Hi just wondering can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Kenmare/Killareny area? I have had a very bad experience with a few, the last one did 4 fillings all of which are still killing me!

I have an unnatural fear of the dentist and now with the bad experience it has got worse!

Looking for someone patient and and who won't rip me off!

Thanks X

Thanks for the help guys, went to the town hall today, it's €8 for a week, €24 for a month, €80 for 6 months, or €150 for year

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys, went to the town hall today, it's €8 for a week, €24 for a month, €80 for 6 months, or €150 for year

€150 for a year's parking in town? I presume they give you a disc? Absolute bargain if you're working in town 5 days a week. We'll done.

Advertisement