Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Pecker31 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Kenmare/Killareny area? I have had a very bad experience with a few, the last one did 4 fillings all of which are still killing me!

I have an unnatural fear of the dentist and now with the bad experience it has got worse!

Looking for someone patient and and who won't rip me off!

Thanks X

Moved to Killarney thread. Hopefully you can get some help here. MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hi just wondering can anyone recommend a good dentist in the Kenmare/Killareny area? I have had a very bad experience with a few, the last one did 4 fillings all of which are still killing me!

I have an unnatural fear of the dentist and now with the bad experience it has got worse!

Thanks X

Would you be willing to travel to Milltown? I use them and they are brilliant there

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Thanks X

David Clancy, Torc View Dental Surgery, Park Road, Killarney. He is a very clam and gentle person. Just say that you are nervous and he'll take that into account when treating you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Adam4850

Hello, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Killarney that are hiring staff for the summer? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Adam4850 wrote:
    Hello, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Killarney that are hiring staff for the summer? Thanks!

Den Joes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Passed a restaurant called Dyne yesterday. They're up the lane from Teddy O Connors pub. Anyway they had a sign on the door looking for kitchen/waiting staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭madrabui

Adam4850 wrote: »

The Failte - Dining room staff
    Kate Kearneys Cottage - Waiting/bar staff
    The Gleneagle - accommodation assistants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Salavadors. ..just saw the advertisement on the window

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Adam4850 wrote: »

Keep an eye in the Jobs Thread here also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Ron603

Does the Dungeon Bookshop still buy second hand school books? I'm wondering since I am left with a lot of Junior Cert books.

• Advertisement

Ron603 wrote: »
    Does the Dungeon Bookshop still buy second hand school books? I'm wondering since I am left with a lot of Junior Cert books.

It was last Summer that I went in with some novels etc, not books from an school/college persuasion and was informed they were in-undated and couldn't take them.

I left mine into various charity shops who were delighted with them. If you want monies back for them, your best bet would be advertise online or ask in the school if they allow advertising like colleges do when selling books on :)

Hope that helps,
    kerry4sam

In relation to this : does anyone know if more information has been released esp in relation to the description of the man who was arrested.
    I wasn't in the NationalPark yesterday but really curious now as I think back to the last time I was walking in that area.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

kerry4sam wrote: »
    In relation to this : does anyone know if more information has been released esp in relation to the description of the man who was arrested.
    I wasn't in the NationalPark yesterday but really curious now as I think back to the last time I was walking in that area.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

No haven't heard anything else. A fairly shocking incident though in a very busy area. I've asked my girlfriend to change her route and take a friend if she can. Some weirdos out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

That's a very open and popular area, so I wonder was it targeted as opposed to a random attack at that hour of the day.

Axel Lamp wrote: »
    That's a very open and popular area, so I wonder was it targeted as opposed to a random attack at that hour of the day.

Target! Well, if what I am thinking now looking back is connected to this.

Axel Lamp wrote: »

Apparently they could be known to each other.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/arrest-follows-alleged-assault-on-girl-in-killarney-national-park-1.2246275

Target! Well, if what I am thinking now looking back is connected to this.

You need to contact the garda if you think you know something. Even if it seems insignificant to you, it may help them!!

dobman88 wrote: »
    You need to contact the garda if you think you know something. Even if it seems insignificant to you, it may help them!!

They are NOT an option! Ask Garda HQ if you want to know why not.

They are NOT an option! Ask Garda HQ if you want to know why not.

You can't throw statements like that around and not contact them. You basically said you saw someone watching another person's movements in the lead up to an alleged assault!! You absolutely have to contact them. Wouldn't you want someone to speak up if you were attacked!

You can't throw statements like that around and not contact them. You basically said you saw someone watching another person's movements in the lead up to an alleged assault!! You absolutely have to contact them. Wouldn't you want someone to speak up if you were attacked!

Phone HQ! I haven't/ can't even reported a threat made to me here! I'm not posting anymore on this.
    You can continue if you like but you won't get a response from me.

• Advertisement

Phone HQ! I haven't/ can't even reported a threat made to me here! I'm not posting anymore on this.
    You can continue if you like but you won't get a response from me.

Just because you had a bad experience with them doesn't mean you don't speak up! I have received death threats from them in a previous job and I would still speak up in this situation.

I usually agree with most of what you say and you always come across quite level headed and helpful but I strongly disagree with you in this instance. I would ask you to reconsider, for the alleged victims sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Hi where's good for my family and I to watch the Galway v Mayo game on Sunday? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Gal44 wrote:
    Hi where's good for my family and I to watch the Galway v Mayo game on Sunday? Thanks

Tatler Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Courtneys, McSorleys, Scotts and The Shire are also good spots too

Any pub in town on a day when Kerry play. There'll be a great atmosphere

Re the alleged assault. I had to go to the Garda station yesterday evening for a separate matter and I asked was there any update they could give. The Garda obviously said she couldn't say too much but her exact words were "We have all we need".

That sounds good to me and very quick too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

with just over a week to go until the Killarney festival, just wondering who here is actually going to it? Will you be paying €75 a day to see any of the acts? Is there a buzz around Killarney for it?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    with just over a week to go until the Killarney festival, just wondering who here is actually going to it? Will you be paying €75 a day to see any of the acts? Is there a buzz around Killarney for it?

I don't know anyone going to it and I'd know a few people interested in Texas and Jools Holland as well as a few of the comedy acts on show.

€75 a day is far too much imo. €150 for a couple is crazy. I think if they had tickets for each show there would be more local interest.

I don't know anyone going to it and I'd know a few people interested in Texas and Jools Holland as well as a few of the comedy acts on show.

€75 a day is far too much imo. €150 for a couple is crazy. I think if they had tickets for each show there would be more local interest.

Only for liking their FB page, and seeing their status updates, I wouldn't even know about it! I haven't heard any ads for it, I did see a few ads in the Kerry's eye the past few weeks, but apart from that I don't know how people outside of Kerry will even know about it! I can't imagine they have sold too many tickets. They are constantly giving away tickets on their FB page in competitions (not that I've won any!).

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Only for liking their FB page, and seeing their status updates, I wouldn't even know about it! I haven't heard any ads for it, I did see a few ads in the Kerry's eye the past few weeks, but apart from that I don't know how people outside of Kerry will even know about it! I can't imagine they have sold too many tickets. They are constantly giving away tickets on their FB page in competitions (not that I've won any!).

Honestly the first promotion I heard for it was when Brendan Fuller said today on his show that he'd be broadcasting live from Scotts bar in Killarney on Thursday to start the weekend off.

Heard nothing else.

Advertisement