Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

kerry4sam wrote: »
    ah I'd be quietly optimistic that they won't be ;)

+1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

johnnyc wrote: »
    ah deepest sympathies oliverdog hope the kleenex came in handy....

Thanks Johnnyc - yes they did, I must admit they were nearly required after 25 seconds, but it wasn't long before I could see the writing on the wall. The better team won, but there's always another year. And there's always Sunday !

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Oliverdog wrote: »
    ...The better team won, but there's always another year. And there's always Sunday !

ooooh I am just sooooooooo looking forward to Sunday. I'm beginning to have withdrawal symptoms from the championship :D

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

killarney was like ibiza for the bank holiday weekend, what an atmosphere in the town. It always the same when the leaving cert is about to start we get our summer poor feckers :)

johnnyc wrote: »
    killarney was like ibiza for the bank holiday weekend, what an atmosphere in the town. It always the same when the leaving cert is about to start we get our summer poor feckers :)

It was absolutely gorgeous wasn't it. The sun never really suits Killarney though as most people hit the beaches & coastline but do return late evening time though.

Such a buzz around the town, it's great.

• Advertisement

Just got back from an evening in the Towers bar with Onora, a good traditional band.
    The town was like a continental resort in high summer - it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭flanree

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Meant to post this earlier in the week but did anyone else see the google street view car in Killarney on Monday?

Yep, he came down my little street, I should have jump around frantically when he took photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Meant to post this earlier in the week but did anyone else see the google street view car in Killarney on Monday?

cool, where else was it spotted? or was he just down in the kingdom on holidays :D

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Just got back from an evening in the Towers bar with Onora, a good traditional band.
    The town was like a continental resort in high summer - it was great.

Onora are actually a good live band. The lead singer, Kieran sometimes plays with Gigabite in theGrand too & they do put on a good performance there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Have to agree and I have the cd in the car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Could anyone tell me if there is a bus service between Killarney and Cork? If so, any times?

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me if there is a bus service between Killarney and Cork? If so, any times?

Hey check out the BusEireann website (route planner) http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=nt.07000187.1244145431&OK#focus and amend as required

Onora are actually a good live band. The lead singer, Kieran sometimes plays with Gigabite in theGrand too & they do put on a good performance there aswell.

They're all very pleasant and talented musicians. In the Towers 9:30 for a couple of hours, Tuesdays and Thursdays through the season. Well worth a visit and this free plug !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Hey check out the BusEireann website (route planner) http://194.106.151.94/jplan/bin/query.exe/en?seqnr=1&ident=nt.07000187.1244145431&OK#focus and amend as required

Hey thanks for the link but I can't seem to get it to work :o

Edit : Done, I'm a muppet. Thanks for the link!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

So who was at the match today?
    Crazy stuff ehy :P

ah some crowd and good craic on saturday night with the football crowd around....Does anyone think that it was a stupid idea to have the hogs and gaa match at the same weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭IrishSerf

An election, hogs, a game of footie and even the rain turned up.. yup Killarney has it all.

Have to say it was a very good weekend. Great Cork crowd around but Kerry fans seemed outnumbered for a home game

What a week-end folks ... Crikey! Don't know when last I went through a week-end with such little sleep ... between the count centre; the INEC with the hogs; the match in Fitzgeralds' Stadium; my God am I wrecked today!

I was in Denagh Lodge today as I was passing by on my walk & I must say everytime I go in there the staff are just lovely. They had a word for everyone who was in there & it was just nice. The prices seem to be par-for-par with downtown too. Shame it started to rain as I arrived though or I would have kicked back outside for a few minutes to take weight off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Gruffalo

Hello folks. I love Kerry and used to spend all my summers down there. Particularly loved Killarney and I do hope to live there some day. I was just wondering whether you think the new motorway network will bring any benefits for Killarney. Via the N72 you will have easy access to the M20 and from there you can get to Cork, Limerick, Dublin and the rest of the country a lot quicker. Do you think that this will be good for Killarney e.g. make it more attractive for economic investment (when the economy picks up again).

more applicable to the tralee chapter.....but i recon when they get the n22 sorted out most people will use the m8 to travel to dublin (thats my opinion in the future)

Is their many travelling to the rebel county this Saturday for the replay? I was given tickets this evening but if I travel, due to my working that morning & subject to traffic, I would miss about 15mins so I really don't know yet if I will go :(

Is their many travelling to the rebel county this Saturday for the replay? I was given tickets this evening but if I travel, due to my working that morning & subject to traffic, I would miss about 15mins so I really don't know yet if I will go :(

Bad day at the Office, looks as if we will have plenty Kerry visitors this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Gruffalo wrote: »
    I was just wondering whether you think the new motorway network will bring any benefits for Killarney. Via the N72 you will have easy access to the M20 and from there you can get to Cork, Limerick, Dublin and the rest of the country a lot quicker.
    i already use that way to drive to dublin from killarney as it is. when the limerick dublin road is finished you will still have to get from adare through NCW and Abbeyfeale. I think it will still be quicker/easier to go N72/N73 to the M8. At present there is only 40km approx that is not motorway from Mitchelstown to Portlaoise

dmeehan wrote: »
    i already use that way to drive to dublin from killarney as it is. when the limerick dublin road is finished you will still have to get from adare through NCW and Abbeyfeale. I think it will still be quicker/easier to go N72/N73 to the M8. At present there is only 40km approx that is not motorway from Mitchelstown to Portlaoise

Have to agree, did it to Newlands in 3 1/2 Hours recently and stayed within the limits. Adare and Castleisland are pains in the ass

Just heard Jackie Healy-Rae on Radio Kerry talking about the Special needs class which has been lost.

Now we will see if he "is one of the wheels under their Mercs" or has he the needs of his community at heart

newman10 wrote: »
    Just heard Jackie Healy-Rae on Radio Kerry talking about the Special needs class which has been lost.

Now we will see if he "is one of the wheels under their Mercs" or has he the needs of his community at heart

He is some man for one man alright! But if he claims to have helped out one ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

newman10 wrote: »

JACkie is a yes man and always will be.........how sad that his two gombeen men topped the poll twice in kerry last friday week no wonder the county is a laughing stock.when i hear kerry people giving out about politicians it makes me sick.:pac::D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Any of you folks know anything about the murder this morning? http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0618/killarney.html

Advertisement