Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That's what I'm hoping to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

dobman88 wrote: »
    Just heard on radio kerry news that they're looking for a smaller venue. The original plans had 36,000 people expected and they said UNDER 5,000 tickets have been sold. NPWS apparently don't want it with such low numbers, understandably. Disaster.

I am glad it's not going to plan, it should never have been in the National Park in the first place.

Pure greed by the Chamber of Commerce.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Just heard on radio kerry news that they're looking for a smaller venue. The original plans had 36,000 people expected and they said UNDER 5,000 tickets have been sold. NPWS apparently don't want it with such low numbers, understandably. Disaster.

Jaysus!! that is a disaster! its been so badly organised, no wonder! 5,000 for a weekend is desperate! Good luck to them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

The way it's being reported you may as well just rock up on the day and they'll let you in.

the poor people who paid full wack for day or weekend tickets!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    the poor people who paid full wack for day or weekend tickets!:eek:

Yeah. Feel sorry for them but if it's such a low turn out they will surely start letting people in for free to create a bit of atmosphere. At least this should put a stop to it for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

No pity whatsoever for the organisers, pure and utter money grabbing. Why couldn't they keep it in Fitzgeralds stadium? Madness opening Killarney house grounds to this when it's not even open to the public yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Yeah. Feel sorry for them but if it's such a low turn out they will surely start letting people in for free to create a bit of atmosphere. At least this should put a stop to it for next year.

I wonder will it even go ahead, 5,000 tickets sold with a lot of bands and costs to be paid. Duran Duran and Burt Baccharach won't be playing for free.....

If you expect 36,000 punters your breakeven point as a promoter is a lot higher than 5,000

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

I thought €75 per day was good value, not my scene but if it was I'd be happy to pay it, can't understand all the negative comments regarding the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Link to the Radio Kerry story

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/kerry-council-says-venue-change-is-on-the-cards-for-killarney-festival/

Always a bit wary when you see stuff like the organisers couldnt be reached for comment.

They have said on their facebook page that its been relocated to the racecourse

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    No pity whatsoever for the organisers, pure and utter money grabbing. Why couldn't they keep it in Fitzgeralds stadium? Madness opening Killarney house grounds to this when it's not even open to the public yet!!

You can't have a festival in a football stadium

They have said on their facebook page that its been relocated to the racecourse

Can you point out where? I can't see anything on their facebook. https://m.facebook.com/WestportFestivalOfMusicAndPerformingArts?tsid=0.6585519581567496&source=typeahead

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

I have just seen it in response to a question a person made in a comment regarding rumours about the festival.. The festival confirms that the festival is been relocated to the racecourse..

Halo Kitty wrote: »
    I have just seen it in response to a question a person made in a comment regarding rumours about the festival.. The festival confirms that the festival is been relocated to the racecourse..

Thanks. I didn't want to trawl through the comments section. You'd think an announcement like that would get its own post!

siblers wrote: »
    You can't have a festival in a football stadium

Are you telling me you couldn't use that stadium and surrounding grounds for 5000 people? 20000 people obviously not but with those numbers it's stupid using a larger venue. Sure how many people can fit in the inec? If the numbers were any lower, they'd nearly accommodate for it!

Confirmation that the Music Festival is moved to the Racecourse.

Have to wonder what the vibe will be like during the day if there's less than 5000 tickets sold in total especially considering the fact that it's over 2 days.

https://www.facebook.com/WestportFestivalOfMusicAndPerformingArts/posts/916566778403154

Jerry O'Sullivan from Radio Kerry was just on Today FM speaking about the Killarney Fest. He now said that the residents in Ross Road aren't happy about this move to the racecourse! This really is a bit of a fiasco!
    First time I heard the festival even mentioned on national radio too! good plug & free advertising of it??

People living in the area ain't gonna be happy, especially Ross Road folk. Sure just give them free passes if they kick off about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭travelledpengy

Are you telling me you couldn't use that stadium and surrounding grounds for 5000 people? 20000 people obviously not but with those numbers it's stupid using a larger venue. Sure how many people can fit in the inec? If the numbers were any lower, they'd nearly accommodate for it!

A festival could have 5 or 6 acts playing at the same time; the layout of the stadium would not work at all for a festival.

Jerry O'Sullivan from Radio Kerry was just on Today FM speaking about the Killarney Fest. He now said that the residents in Ross Road aren't happy about this move to the racecourse! This really is a bit of a fiasco!
    First time I heard the festival even mentioned on national radio too! good plug & free advertising of it??

Yeah. We have radio kerry on in work and they got a few txts and calls from Ross road residents complaining.

Garth Brooks part 2.

• Advertisement

The festival requires multiple stages as well as marquees and through ways for people walking around..can't be done in a stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

anyone recommend a car phone kit installer in killarney?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Because Kerry are training there 3 times and week and there is the small matter of a Munster Final against Cork in Fitzgerald Stadium on July 5th:rolleyes:

Just saw a tweet from the band The Stunning saying that Killarney fest has been cancelled!!

And Breaking News have now said it too http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/this-weekends-killarney-festival-cancelled-683587.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Just saw a tweet from the band The Stunning saying that Killarney fest has been cancelled!!

And Breaking News have now said it too http://www.breakingnews.ie/showbiz/this-weekends-killarney-festival-cancelled-683587.html?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Was just about to post about the stunning. Is anyone surprised? A dent in Killarneys reputation anyway.

Boom__Boom wrote: »

Steve Wall, the lead singer of the Stunning, is not one bit happy! He's giving out on twitter, and kinda blaming Kerry for not supporting it! https://twitter.com/stevethewall/with_replies

Was just about to post about the stunning. Is anyone surprised? A dent in Killarneys reputation anyway.

Supposedly 4 large trucks turned up last Friday full of equipment to try to get into the Demesne but couldn't because they were too big.

Sounds like amateur hour organisation.

Also I heard that serious pressure was put on the Racecourse to step in and rescue things and that some of the board weren't a bit pleased.

I have sympathy for the smaller stand-holders and smaller artists as they are all likely to be out a serious chunk of change as well as those who bought tickets ( I wouldnt be surprised if there ended up being no money for refunds)

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Supposedly 4 large trucks turned up last Friday full of equipment to try to get into the Demesne but couldn't because they were too big.

Sounds like amateur hour organisation.

Also I heard that serious pressure was put on the Racecourse to step in and rescue things and that some of the board weren't a bit pleased.

I have sympathy for the smaller stand-holders and smaller artists as they are all likely to be out a serious chunk of change as well as those who bought tickets ( I wouldnt be surprised if there ended up being no money for refunds)

There's loads of room for trucks into the demesne. How would all the cement trucks and the like get in when renovations were being carried out.

Just sounds like a bunch of people wanted to make a quick buck and didn't have any idea what they were doing.

• Advertisement

Steve Wall, the lead singer of the Stunning, is not one bit happy! He's giving out on twitter, and kinda blaming Kerry for not supporting it! https://twitter.com/stevethewall/with_replies

Someone's ego a bit sore that they are not as popular as they imagined at excessive prices.

Not the first musician to think the world owes them a living.

Advertisement