Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

dobman88 wrote:
    O Sullivans won't see you wrong. Either down opposite the cathedral or next to the dungeon bookshop. They're both the same people.

They moved from near the Cathedral to High Street over a year ago. I would reccommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭dobman88

They moved from near the Cathedral to High Street over a year ago. I would reccommend them.

Didnt know that. Bought my bike off them 4 years ago and haven't had one problem so definitely recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Try the Big Little Bike Shop, I bought my bike there and had it serviced there too, they are up in Woodlawn just past Killarney Atheltic's pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

KGC cycles in Killorglin is excellent too if your willing to travel out a bit

And Peter in ibike is good too

Don't think that helps but id have no problem buying from any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

siblers wrote: »
    Try the Big Little Bike Shop, I bought my bike there and had it serviced there too, they are up in Woodlawn just past Killarney Atheltic's pitch.

Second that, Denis and Matt really know their stuff.

iBike at the Reeks filling station are very good also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,042 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Any locals out there who could advise the time you would want to be getting to Killarney on Saturday. I got there at 10.30 the morning of the drawn game and flew in, no problems. Should the marathon traffic have cleared by 4 o clock I wonder - I have a feeling this could be a bit of a nightmare to get into town. And park.

BPKS wrote: »
    Any locals out there who could advise the time you would want to be getting to Killarney on Saturday. I got there at 10.30 the morning of the drawn game and flew in, no problems. Should the marathon traffic have cleared by 4 o clock I wonder - I have a feeling this could be a bit of a nightmare to get into town. And park.

Surely availing of one of the three free car parks out the bypass is a must for anyone travelling?

If you want to get into town centre you'd be better off coming in the morning imo. Gets fairly mental on quiet weekends. Will be chaotic this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fear Ciarrai

Ciarrai76 wrote:
    I've posted the article on the Tralee board too. I have to be careful posting the same link over & over though as the Boards won't allow it from one person, so maybe someone else could do it on the Listowel & Ballybunnion board?

Is there Listowel and BallyB threads?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is there Listowel and BallyB threads?

yes, on the main Kerry forum! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=958

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

BPKS wrote: »

The thing is that there isn't exactly a huge number doing the marathon - less than 2000 and they are setting off fairly early - 8:00 for the marathon. So I wouldn't expect the marathon to have too big an impact. Should be well done by match-time.

http://www.killarneytoday.com/2000-line-up-to-run-killarney/

However it is height of the season and a Saturday night, so there will be a lot of folk around and I would expect traffic to be fairly busy but I don't think traffic will be worse than the last day. Parking might be a big trickier being a Saturday as opposed to a Sunday. There is music in the Park before-hand to encourage folk to get in early - Liam O'Connor and Ryan Sheridan from 5:15
    No minor game means that the crowd isn't as likely to be as staggered as the last day in terms of actually heading into the pitch/going through the turnstiles. I wouldn't be shocked if there was a bit of an issue getting in through the turnstiles as I could see a lot of folk leaving it that bit late, even with the music.

• Advertisement

Heard that TK Maxx won't be open until October sometime if anyone's interested.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

The Muckross Road was doing a good job of impersonating a car park around 3pm today. Talk about a mess of a road for traffic, and a new service station opening to boot

marno21 wrote: »
    The Muckross Road was doing a good job of impersonating a car park around 3pm today. Talk about a mess of a road for traffic, and a new service station opening to boot

This week was always going to be bad for traffic with the races on down Ross Road; was down Ross Road last night and it seemed like there was a big crowd there yesterday evening - in fairness I saw a Guard at the top of Ross and at the Plaza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Heard that TK Maxx won't be open until October sometime if anyone's interested.

Is it definitely going into MD OShea's old place on the Main Street?

ongarboy wrote: »
    Is it definitely going into MD OShea's old place on the Main Street?

Yeah 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Any cyclists reading in here:

Fupping shards of glass and debris incl plastics out the Killorglin Road this evening. Just back and not sure how I avoided a puncture tbh. Very bad at the end of Fossa before the turns leading to the auld Dept. Arts, Sports & Heritage ; just past the turn off for the Gap of Dunloe.

Take it handy out here and Keep a Close Eye :)
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Any suggestions for last minute accomadation in Killarney this Sat for the match?

Prop Joe wrote: »
    Any suggestions for last minute accomadation in Killarney this Sat for the match?

I just had a look on booking.com and there's literally nothing showing as available. You'd be very lucky to get something now.

If you were available to get to town early tomorrow. Take a drive down Muckross road and go into the b&b's there and see if anything is available. Long shot but might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

I see a card shop is opening beside tescos beech rd..( where the Euro store was)
    They are also looking for staff..notice on window.. Might be of interest to some..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

any recommendations for a cobbler and someone for some suit alterations?

Cheers

any recommendations for a cobbler and someone for some suit alterations?

Cheers

Cobbler at the bottom of the stairs in the Inisfallen shopping arcade.

Suit alterations in Park Drive. Across from hegartys shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭phater phagan

There's a good tailor just off the College St. parking lot - Milk Market lane, and a cobbler in the Innisfallen Mall off the Beech Rd. parking lot.

There's a good tailor just off the College St. parking lot - Milk Market lane, and a cobbler in the Innisfallen Mall off the Beech Rd. parking lot.

Yes I forgot about that tailor. Better than my recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭jackreacher

Struck out on the cobbler but he recommended the shoe bar in tralee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Struck out on the cobbler but he recommended the shoe bar in tralee

There used to be a good shoe place in Tralee in the shopping centre in the middle of town. Not sure if it's still there but it was there last year AFAIK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Radio5 wrote: »
    There used to be a good shoe place in Tralee in the shopping centre in the middle of town. Not sure if it's still there but it was there last year AFAIK.

it is still there, but there's another one called 'The Cobbler' up the laneway between the Snackery & Walsh Bros shoes. I use him all the time, really good & very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Any of you guys know any restaurants in town with a decent gluten free menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Axel Lamp

Most if not all restaurants can cater for GF on their menu, my GF is GF and we have no issues eating out in town. The Mexican is probably the best though if you're looking for a specific one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

If the diner is Gluten Free just as part fo the modern fad - they'll have no real issue in dining out as there are many "Gluten Free" itmes on many menus.

If howver the diner is coeliac and has an adverse reaction to any gluten in a product (about 1% of population), then its best to ring ahead for the chef to prepare something that can be guarantedd gluten free.

Advertisement